Accident Prone!

Ross

Accident Prone!

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My knee can pop out of socket due to a bike accident!
Sod off I'm busy!

Ross

Accident Prone!

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have broke my nose eighteen times, Broke my arm twice in the same place exactly a year to the day from when I fisrt broke it(go figure), had my appedix explode on me(the doctor thought I was dead at one point as I sleep with my eyes half open) and had an opperation on on e of the most embarissing area you can immadgine(due to the grumbling appendix). I have also cracked my head open on a rust old lorry.

The best one of all though has to be Ridding up a 30 degree hill in the rain I managed to crash into a parked car and go head first through the back windscreen breaking one tooth in half(now has a really cool white filling over it) and getting glass embeded in my chin!
Sod off I'm busy!

valedhelgwath

Accident Prone!

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I had a mate at college many years ago who crashed his motorbike into the back of a parked car. He flew over the car and landed on the road in front of it, but because it had been left without its handbrake on, the impact of the crash caused the car to roll forward and run over his arm.

He was in a plaster cast for what seemed like ages, but when he went to have the cast taken off, the nurse accidently broke his thumb. Not long after recovering, he fell off the pavement and broke his arm again. I was in his class for a year, and for most of that time he had his arm in cast.

grondmaster

Accident Prone!

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm normally not accident prone; however, tonight I have a pink thumb.

I had just brewed a pot of tea and proceeded to pour it into a tall tumbler which I was holding in my left hand. I decided I could add a tad bit more to the glass, and in the process of doing so, slopped a couple small drops onto my thumb. That should have been bearable, as the tea had been sitting for six minutes after I had removed the water from the microwave; however, for some reason it hurt enough to make my hand wobble in the process of lowering the glass six inches to the table and I sloshed about a quarter-cup onto the back of my thumb, which remains quite painful fifteen minutes later. :superwow:
'Share and enjoy'

Ross

Accident Prone!

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Last night when brushing my teeth I managed to give my self a fat lip!
Sod off I'm busy!

Celebrian

Accident Prone!

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Poor Grondy! I know exactly how you feel, I`ve done that a couple of times :) sorry, but I nearly LMAO!!! People in the room are looking at me in a strange way, but I just couldn`t hold the laughter in anymore! :funnylaugh: I keep picturing you with the cup....I`m sorry! Don`t mean to laugh at your pain!

Allyssa

Accident Prone!

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The worst thing that I ever did to myself was when I was about 11. I was cutting out some materials for a hanging basket on the floor and was using my Mum's extra sharp Stay-Sharp scissors. As I was crawling along the floor, I was a little careless about where I put my left knee. The end of the handle of the scissors pushed into the carpet and the blades pointed upwards.

Two stictches in my knee and a tetnus shot. Screamed my head off - the doctor forgot to give me the local aneasthesia and I was just a kid. Still have the scar. :funnylaugh:

That same year I fell off my cousin's horse and injured my hip. Doctor - yes, the same one - insisted that I had not broken anything, but I could hardly walk for a month. My hip still plays up when the weather changes. Oh well, at least it is handy as a barometer. :) nn[Edited on 11/12/2002 by Allyssa]
"May the Angels Guide"

Ross

Accident Prone!

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have scars on my arm from where the muttant rabit sprout has bitten me. I am very good with animals and they all seem to like, apart from when I have to bath them, then they turn into nasty snapping hunks of fur and muscle. I t doesn't help when she scratches you and you're illergic to your own nails let alone a huge evil rabbit.
Sod off I'm busy!

Eryan

Accident Prone!

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The story of Grondy reminded me something... When I was still a biology student, I had to make some chemical synthesis which took me almost a month to complete. At its last stage I had to make pass the whole product by a large glass funnel filled with boiling water. The product was passing through very slowly, drop by drop, and suddenly I remarked with dismay that the funnel is not fixed to its support and that it starts to wobble! Iif I won't do something quickly, my precious product will be spilled out and I will have to start all from the very beginning! So I did the only thing I could still do: I grasped the wobbly funnel with my right hand. And then drops of boiling water started to drop, one by one, on my right forearm! I could of course yell and let it go, but that would mean that I will destroy the resut of a month's work! So i clenched my teeth and I continued to support the funnel with my hand.. and all that time drops of boiling water were falling one by one on my forearm! After VERY long five minutes all my precious product finally passed through and I could let go the *** funnel. But my victory was dearly bought: I had a burn which took over a month to be healed! Happily, I have no ugly scar, only a nice whiitish one, almost invisible. And I am rather proud of it - after all, I WAS rather steadfast!
Another accxident I had during that time happened when I jumped out of a tram and my right foot slipped and I broke one of its bones. I had to have a plaster cast during three weeks, but after that time the bones were still not healed and the doctor said I must have cast for still some weeks. And I was to be a leader of a holiday student group going to Greece! I was never in Greece before and I always dreamed to see it. So I decided I will go, and I simply bound my foot very tightly with many layers of cloth and put on my good old hiking shoes, ankle-high, made of very rigid leather. Nevertheless, my foot still hurt a lot, but I was able to walk, and I was glad I can see Greece! And then on the third day we came to the Mount Olympus... and, in spite of pain, I climbed up Olympus almost to its very summit! It was wonderful! And, best of all, from that day on my foot stopped to hurt and never ever gave me any pain again! So my foolhardiness must have pleased ancient Greek Gods, and they rewarded it!
nn[Edited on 11/12/2002 by Eryan]

Halo_Black

Accident Prone!

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm afraid I spend most of my time tripping over cracks in the pavement, small children and fellow studants... or falling off chairs...I'm really quite good at it. :orcthumbs: Especialy if I'm not wearing my glasses.
Everything goes fuzzy without the amaising specs of speccyness... :orchuh:

Return to “The Prancing Pony”