Star Wars

Allyssa

Star Wars

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well, I finally got around to seeing 'Attack of the Clones'. Not bad, not bad at all. I adored all those beautiful outfits of Armedala's. BTW, if there is such a thing as Jedi Canon, how much older than Anikin is she? (sorry if thats already been asked).

I loved all those sleek shiny ships too. Very effective.

We also got a good look at Annikin's dark side. I liked that. It allows me to believe that he will become Vader - which we all know, because C3PO explained it all so politely at the start of the movie. Does anyone else feel a little too much was given away?

Not too much JarJar. Another good thing.

I don't know if I liked the monsters in the execution pit. Looked a tiny bit fake to me, could have been better.

Best bit was Saruman vs Yoda. Cool!
"May the Angels Guide"

PlasticSquirrel

Star Wars

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

dum de dum, dum duh dum duh dum diddy dum de dum,
dum de dum, dum dum dum de dum dum
dum de dum, dum duh dum duh dum diddy dum de dum,
Dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah dah da daaaaaaaaaaah!

Roll on May the 16th :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Ungoliant

Star Wars

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

God, please, please, please....let it be as good as Empire.

PlasticSquirrel

Star Wars

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You're not asking a bit much there are you? I mean, that's like asking for Hull City to play as well as Man Utd. Never gonna happen.

Ungoliant

Star Wars

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Half as good then...

People keep saying that it should be as dark as ESB...but I don't think so. Episode3 should be dark & tragic, not AotC.

PlasticSquirrel

Star Wars

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But then there's Lucas's well quoted trilogy theory....

Ooh! Don't you just want the last scene of Ep 3 to be the sound of heavy breathing as you stare at a black screen that slowly pans back to reveal the back of a certain black helmet which turns round and says in the voice of James Earl Jones "Yes, my master".
da da-da da-da da-da-da-da, da da-da da-da da-da-da-da roll credits

Huan

Star Wars

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just wanted to jump in on the Star Wars band wagon. Looking forward to the new installment.

One issue I wanted to throw out was this new idea developed by Lucas in Eps 1 "Phantom MEnace" when suddenly we learn that becoming a Jedi is due to some form of blood count - bio-genetic crap - I forget the actual term used by Liam Neeson when he discovers little old Skywalker has a high something or other in his blood.... This bugged the s..t out of me. I always enjoyed the whole Force theory as developped in the firt trilogy - sort og like T'ai Chi Kung Fu masters.

Any views on this?

Ungoliant

Star Wars

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Dunno what was in his mind when he did that, Huan. That was stupid, and cheesy. I hated that more than the Ewoks.

Top 10 - George Lucas' Biggest Mistakes

10) Letting KJ Anderson anywhere near the Star Wars novels.
9) Killing Chewie off :mad:
8) Making Greedo shoot Han first in the Ep. IV Special Edition
7) Virgin Mama Skywalker
6) Having Anakin build 3PO and/or R2 on the Queen's J-type 327 Nubian starsip - too convenient
5) Not letting Irvin Kershner direct RotJ,TPM, AotC & EPIII. I know, I know, Director's Guild & politics & all that...but that was a shame.
4) Jar Jar Binks & the entire Gungan race (used to hate him with a vengenace, but I've calmed down a lot)
3) That Special Edition song at Jabba's palace....ugh.
2) Ewoks
1) Midichlorians
[Edited on 16/2/2002 by Ungoliant]

Ungoliant

Star Wars

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Btw I've always thought of the Force as the 'chi' in a Tai-Chi/Aikido combination...although I believe that the Maul vs Kenobi/Qui Gon Jinn fight sequence used Wushu attack techniques. The Yoda/Kenobi lines from ESB & RotJ could be lifted straight out of an Aikido training manual - and they do speak of the 'dark side' as well. Of course, it's just a whole load of simple tricks and nonsense..... ;)

I prefer to ignore Lucas' midichlorians crackpot theory & continue to think of the force in the 'Budo' sense.

Huan

Star Wars

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Agree with you on this one Golly. I'm just afraid he's going to explore and develop that "midichlorien"idea and iot'll get harder to ignore....But I like to think of it all in the the Budo sen,se also.

Do I sense your a martial arts practitioner? The wonderful world of Wushu and Bushido.

Me thinks we also have a similar outlook on the thing - although I don't use the words nonsense and tricks. Rather just technique.

Sorry I'm not a huge SW fan so I missed most of the references in yur list. looks funny though.

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”