Rock on! (Strictly no Pop)

Rawien

Post#1 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:33 pm

Rock 'n' Roll, baby, yeah!
So this thread is for all the rock 'n' roll'ers (aka 'mosher freaks') out there in this here PT family
Basically we can just talkl about our faveourite bands without bringing 'Britney Spears', 'Justin Timberlake' or 'Avril Lavigne' into the topic of conversation.
Have a nice stay, and remember ........ no pop please!

Vee

Post#2 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:06 am

How about Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Cream and what about the Pixies...? Or are you talking contemporary rock or American rock like Bon Jovi? Or could be rock n roll like Elvis.... Bill Haley and the Comets.... ooh Riff Pilchard?

virumor

Post#3 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:58 pm

I think Rawien means crap like Evanescence, Limp Biscuit etc.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

sevrinn

Post#4 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:44 pm

Limp Biscuit, oh lord no - Metallica, Sabbath, Ozzy the mad old Brummie, Zepplin, (never really did like Jethro Dull, ahem Tull) Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Whitesnake, Slayer, Sepultura, Henry Rollins have seen all these bands live bar the Zepp, I do miss the Monsters of Rock aka Donnington weekends - great stuff
"....the wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears...."

Darous

Post#5 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:31 pm

Soundgarden what can I say we'll never see em again....but we do have Audioslave and that is sufficent. Then RATM now that is moshin' thursday night Aunty Annies always rockin'. bringin it down a gear Supergrass always good ......
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

Darous

Post#6 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:34 pm

Oh aye almost forgot Faith no More and Kiss and Alice Cooper along with Europe and of course The Doors
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

vindea ristare

Post#7 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:16 pm

Lemme see, good Rock....in my book that's Elvis, Aerosmith, Good Charolette, Evanescence, Blink 182, hmmm, besides local bands, thats the only good rock that i can think of. Plus anonymous other bands that i have heard on the radio and at my friend's houses.
hey people!! I'm Kaitlyn, well, that's my name at least, call me Kakie or Vindea, whichever suits your fancy. I'll be seeing you guys around, then!
May your swords stay sharp!

marigold_millbanks

Post#8 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:29 pm

AnYonE like CKY? or Slipknot.. maybe Mudvayne...?? sevendust, saliva, Boyhitscar, Metallica, Godsmack, Hoobastank, LP, P.O.D., S.O.T.Y. 3dg atreyu.. and lost more.. anyone like those bands?

sevrinn

Post#9 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:49 am

Oh aye almost forgot Faith no More and Kiss and Alice Cooper along with Europe and of course The Doors

I do miss FNM, I remember seeing them at Brixton Academy many years ago and they were fantastic, a shame they went their seperate ways. GNR, now while I do like their older stuff, Axl Rose cannot sing to save his life, Ive never rated him as a singer but you cant deny the legend that is Paradise City, Sweet Child of Mine (best riff) or even GNR Lies the cover album, they do put on a good live show though

Off to see Red Hot Chili Peppers soon whoo-hoo!

:)
"....the wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears...."

Ross

Post#10 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:56 am

What do you mena miss them, they've not split up their just not doing owt at the moment.

By the way you say no pop and then some one posts this
Lemme see, good Rock....in my book that's Elvis, Aerosmith, Good Charolette, Evanescence, Blink 182, hmmm, besides local bands, thats the only good rock that i can think of. Plus anonymous other bands that i have heard on the radio and at my friend's houses.

Does this mean they're all invalid, as they are after all popular music. Or do you mean Rock on (strictly no crap). Like avril, blink 182, S.O.A.D., good charlette, evanescence, britney, justin trousersnake. And all other crap bands unworthy of correct spelling or capital letters?
Also do you include rock as Heavy Metal, Indie, Punk, Electronica, etc..... until you include nearly every genre of music that is existence because at some point the have all crossed over?

Lets see as whom we should talk about in my humble (therefore correct) opinion. Pink Floyd, Whitesnake (plus David on his own), Jethro Tull, ACDC, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Joy Division/New Order, Motorhead, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Ash, The Cure, The Datsuns, Talk Talk, Depeche Mode, Doves, Foo Fighters, Idlewild, Green Day, The Cult, Yes. I could post many more but I grow bored and it would take up to much room.
Sod off I'm busy!

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”