Where are you all from?????

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I am in Dallas, Texas. I hate Texas weather! I would much rather live in Europe, ANYWHERE. I lived in Germany for 5 years and loved it.

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've always wanted to know what the connection is between Brussels & brussel sprouts. Go on then Tommy, enlighten me.

The Belgian people tend to believe sprouts were grown for the fist time ever in Belgium, in the surroundings of Brussels some time ago. That's why they are called Brussel sprouts.

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I live in Dubai, not Abu Dhabi Grondy. Although I'll probably be leaving for South Africa (probably Joburg) sometime in November. :D

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well, I have nothing to add here. Except that I'm Belgian, and proud of it, but part of me seems to be Irish as well... :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

wow, I'm impressed, Grondy...couldn't have remembered all that myself! :D

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Close, Grondy. New Brunswick, same end of the country just not as much water around us.
However, my brother and his family live in Newfoundland.
As a matter of fact, of my 8 neices and nephews, 6 are Newfies! And...since I drank the Screech ,ate the balogna and kissed the cod without getting sick, I am officially an honourary Newfoundlander.
So Newfoundland it is then, you just won't find me there. :wink:

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ungoliant - Dude, in Dubai! Is it true that gov't housing there includes marble countertops and goldplated fixtures? I saw this Dateline NBC-type report on the TV about Dubai and they did video of gov't built housing that would make me feel like a queen! Plus, they've got some pretty fine horses out there, too.

Howyadoin' with regard to the world terrorism crisis? I assume you're of anglo extraction, but I could be wrong. If I'm right, how's the world treating you in Dubai. Are things calm in the UAE?

Hope all is well.

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah Yummy - the government here gives free bungalows, land, cars, plus money (one lump sum) for household appliances and furniture, to the citizens. So they're pretty well off. Oh, they get lots of money to pay for their wedding as well. All from the 'gummint'.

Well, as far as the 'War on Terror' goes - don't mean to sound crass but right now people here (most expats & locals) are more concerned about the World Cup, so not many have read the news for the past few weeks. But I suppose we (and the rest of the world) will get back to real life one the finals are over. The terrorism thing just isn't a big deal here right now I suppose - at least not as big as footy.

Well I'm not Anglo - I'm Malaysian, so we sorta look a Chinese-Indian-Japanese-Portugese-Uzbek-Arab-Dutch mix. So I tend to blend in wherever I go. Unless I venture down to Deep South USA - then I'll be in deep trouble I guess. :wink:

But the white expats here are doing well too. My American friends here are enjoying themselves, except that they don't understand why I have to stay glued to the tv to watch 'soccer' all day instead of playing golf. Duh. Come on, it's the World Cup for goodness sake!

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Boring is from The Netherlands
And little old me? Has everyone forgotten about me??

G!nn[Edited on 21/7/2003 by Valedhelgwath]

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Very nearly mate! Where've you been?
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”