Where are you all from?????

Eryan

Post#101 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Arda was initially flat and it became a globe only after the downfall of Numenor, "the seas were bent" and from then on no normal traveller could reach Valinor - when he went west, he only finished by coming home from the east! But Valinor is still accessible for those who can follow "the straight road". The ship leaves then the sea and travarses Ilmen (outer space) "which no mortal flesh can endure". So Valinor is perhaps on another planet now...

ProgHead777

Post#102 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I, for one, am glad New York is not Valinor because that would mean the Valar had really let themselves go...

This is pretty cool though. I would guess that everything west of the Brandywine broke off and became the British Isles. South Gondor and Mordor would drift west and then north to make up all or part of the Iberian Peninsula.

Hmmm... actually there are hundreds of ways you can look at the maps and divide middle earth into modern Europe. Clearly, the geography has changed substantially. I wonder if Tolkien had a definite idea of what would become what as the ages wore on...
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Meia

Post#103 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

ok, wat bout N. America? i mean, isnt nebody gonna try 2 figure out wat this continent corresponds 2 in ME?
i would, but im tired and cant do much of nethin rite now.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#104 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

New York can't be Valinor. Valinor is in another dimension, and only accessable using elvish magic.

Yeah, but it wasn't a bad joke...
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

Post#105 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

and tom... why the **** do you think im lookin down there!

:grin: That's the point Gimli. :grin:

And what kinda subject is this anyway?? :funnylaugh:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

grondmaster

Post#106 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

*/me deleted Val's duplicat post. They happen sometimes when one clicks the "Post Reply" button multiple times trying to hurry up a slow up/down-load.
'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

Post#107 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

ok, wat bout N. America? i mean, isnt nebody gonna try 2 figure out wat this continent corresponds 2 in ME?
Maybe Numenor. Both were the New Worlds in which men migrated to in great numbers, and returned on occasion to help out their old allies in times of need. Hopefully America will not share the same fate as Numenor, however.

Meia

Post#108 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Val, u posted the exact same thing twice. just thot i would let u know that. ;)
Numenor sounds good. i dont think we'll suffer the same fate as the numenoreans!

raptor

Post#109 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Atlantis-Numenor?ring a bell?I've decided!Romania is Dol Guldur!No matter what!

Eryan

Post#110 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Dol Guldur really fit well with such names as Tirgu Mures or Baia Mare, so you may be right! ;)

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”