Where are you all from?????

Sian

Post#451 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:45 am

Reviving this thread too! Sometimes I can guess where people re from by the way they talk but I know I'm not always right :) So newbies- where are y'all from?

I'm currently living in the wild western state of Colorado, USA, but I've also lived in Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Oregon and Oklahoma. Husband and I have visited England, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados. I would love to in the future visit Wales, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

rho

Post#452 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:48 pm

I live in Northland New Zealand on the edge of a small city named Whangarei (pronounced Fung-a-ray).
I live on a Dairy farm with my wife Siran and our 3 children Cody, Connagh and Shea, with another(hopefully a girl this time!!) due in August.
This is my first season as manager of a Dairy farm and to be honest this is the worst possible season for me. We've had no real rainfall in 5 months now. I was 25% behind in production and managed to bring it down to 15% just before the dry started, and I was well on my way to hitting my target, but then it's all turned to custard. Northland has one of the highest rainfall rates in the country, we usually measure it by the meter, the last drought to match this was back in 1982, so as you can see, my timing really sucks.

Fornad

Post#453 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:50 pm

Well Sian, I'm living in a village in the Caledonians near Inverness in Scotland, and I'm going to visit New Zealand with my family next year! The landscape around me, the hills, mountains, deep forests and ancient moors, really inspires me in writing and reading (especially Tolkien).

Sian

Post#454 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:56 pm

You both live in wonderful places! Rho, I love farms. I will hope for it to rain for you. We worry about drought in Colorado too and the past two years have had poor hay crops. Fornac, Caladonian moors and forests! I would love to see them! I can just imagine the inspiration all the way over here!

Estel

Post#455 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:32 pm

From India am I.

Anyone else from India, excepting you Navi?

Anyone know where Thorin Oakenshield is from ?

rho

Post#456 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:33 pm

States I think

Floydy is from India, Mumbai I believe, He used to always be on here but I've not seen him in a few years.

Sian

Post#457 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:17 pm

I think Thorin is in Madagascar.. Cheesy I'm guessing you're somewhere in the UK, am I right?

lord aelric

Post#458 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 pm

there are 250 million and more Americans and i think that means we're outnumbered 5 or 6 to one, and they have the advantage of having been on the Net some 10 years b4 came to ourshores,

:moderator: I've removed the latter half of this post. Even said in jest it could cause offense. Please respect our rules about no politics here - Valedhelgwath :moderator:

grimwump

Post#459 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 pm

God Bless America!! :moderator: And Grondy adds: As well as all the other people who live on this Big Blue Marble. :moderator:

odette

Post#460 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 am

Hi i am from india.exceedingly hot.

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”