Where are you all from?????

Star-of-Hope

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:D Middle Earth...2 hours from the Shire and 2 hours from Mt Doom as the Falcon flies.

(translated as New Zealand North Island, very close to the filming locations of the Shire and Mt Doom )

:tigger:
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

TomBombadillo

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ohh! That's nice Star! So you can just go for a walk in the hills of Hobbiton? :smoke:

Golly: I don't think there really is a connection between Brussels and Brussel sprouts, part from the name. They just named them that way because they are typically Belgian (sorry: B*lgian) I guess... :grin:
And I think Brussels has changed a bit in seventeen years, yeah. But I was only just born seventeen years ago (well no, I was a year old) so I wouldn't know, to be honest.. :funnylaugh:

*runs and hides* Plastic is coming to B*lgium!!! :grin: Tell me when you're coming, so I can move before that time... :grin:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Heh, well, it might be Paris now, but it's a toss up between that and Ghent (sp?) which is apparently a really beautiful place, despite being in B*lgium.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

PlasticSquirrel

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh, how disappointingly dull. Thanks anyway Gnamps.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

grondmaster

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I always thought brussel sprouts were just the Belgians' revenge on the rest of the world for tracking mud across their country every few decades since time immortal or is that immoral? :D

Of course, I have never had fresh one, maybe they are more tasty than the ones my mother used to buy frozen at supermarket ever so many years ago. I do like turnips, rutabagas and parsnips though, so maybe I should try some fresh brussel sprouts. How does one cook them :question:
'Share and enjoy'

MelliotSandybanks

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well Grondy,

You can do it one of two ways. You can either boil them or steam them. They are best with lots of butter and salt and pepper to taste. Whatever you do, Do NOT put lemon juice on them. It will cause them to taste like rust, or worse. They are one of those veggies that you either really like or you really don't. If you did not like them as a kid, you prolly will still not like them. I love them, but then again, I am a very strange person.

chikakat

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I like brussels sprouts...(so I'm weird, ok?)...my mom makes them with bread crumbs and butter...they're really really good.

ProgHead777

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I must be weird too Chika (perhaps it's a Jersey thing?) because I LOVE brussel sprouts as well. Wit lotsa butta! Mmm. Actually, I love every vegetable known to man with the exception of habanero peppers. Eeeeyow! Those things ought to be branded with little biohazard symbols. :flamejump:
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

MelliotSandybanks

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

chikakat,
I would love to have the receipe for the brussel sprouts with bread crumbs. I have never had them that way. They sound great.

Prog I am with you on the habanero peppers. YIKES!!!!

Oh, good we are in a tavern, we can't be grondied in here. wheeeeew! :P:

chikakat

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Melli, I emailed my mom to ask about the recipe...I'll get it to you whenever she sends it to me.

I've never had habanero peppers...I adore jalapeno peppers though...yummm...

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”