PUMPKIN PIE! Let's seem 'em!

Snape

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well done Jonathan for winning first prize! A copy of the Movie boxed edition of the LotR will soon be on it's way to you, also a change to rules means Raptor now gets second prize, a copy of the Lord of the Rings PC game will also soon be with you.

Thanks folks, a very enjoyable competition and great Pumpkins!

rednell

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: I always wondered why we had that :pumpkin: smilie.
Anyway, this sounds like fun. Now for all those people out there who do not know when Halloween is celebrated this year ( and for those who have been told but have a short memory :funnylaugh: ), it is Thursday, October 31.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Soon! You mean the end of the month is coming already? Where's my rent!!!!!!
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

MelliotSandybanks

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That sounds wonderful

Snape

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I can't wait to get my pumpkin and start sculpturing it! I might try and do a LotR themed one :orcgin: In fact this year I promised myself an attempt to make pumpkin soup from it's innards once removed. It always seems such a waste to throw it all away :pumpkin:

ProgHead777

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Pumpkin soup?!! Please tell me that's a joke. Oh dear god, please let it be a joke! :orchuh:
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

grondmaster

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You don't make anything but roasted pumpkin seeds with the innards of a pumpkin; you use the pulp from the steamed or baked shell minus the skin, for cooking, and it is best to use a sugar pumpkin for cooking as they are sweeter, smaller, and redder than their larger orange cousins that are sold mainly for the making Jack O' Lanterns. Also never use a pumpkin for cooking, that previously has been used for a Jack O' Lantern, as it has already started to decay and you shouldn't take any chances with it. :pumpkin:
'Share and enjoy'

Silmarill

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've never even tasted Pumpkin pie!!!! What's it like?? :cool:

ProgHead777

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

oooohhh.../me loves pupkin pie..

Have you ever tasted sweet potatoe pie? Pumpkin pie tastes exactly the same!nn[Edited on 10/11/2002 by ProgHead777]
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

TomBombadillo

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I never tasted pumpkin pie either, but pumpkin soup sure is delicious. Go ahead and try it Taz, it's well worth it. You usually end up with tons of soup, enough to feed your whole family for a year, but it's a very good soup. :funnylaugh:

Over here we don't usually celebrate Halloween (though a lot of people started to take over the American habit). So I don't think I'll join in the contest. Looking forward to seeing all of yours though.
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”