Cats and their ways

grondmaster

Cats and their ways

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Grondy thinks there is a household of animals living in Texas that really have done a most marvelous job in the training of their humans. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

Eryan

Cats and their ways

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But I love cats, too. I like the cuddle factor and that purring thing is just so calming. I'm not much for mean, violent dogs or aloof, hissy cats

I also love nice, trustful cats which like to cuddle and to purr... but my cat Maia does NOT like to be handled and I had to accept that! And it was a great lesson: I had to tell myself that she is a living being, and not a fluffy toy produced for my amusement. If I want to be her friend, I must respect her wishes!
And of course she has many other ways to showing me that she likes me! Lying on her back under a lamp just beside my computer and purring in the most delightful way is one of them... also exposing her belly to be stroked as a sign of ultimate trust... cpming when she is called by her name...

I am glad Alfirin that you liked the names of Elwe and Melian for your kitten, but of course you must see them first! I am waiting for the continuation of their story!

PlasticSquirrel

Cats and their ways

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Cats suck. Go Dogs! Thanks ;)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

valedhelgwath

Cats and their ways

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Cats... You either love 'em or you hate 'em.

I hate 'em. :cat: :lightening: :hahaha:

Eryan

Cats and their ways

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:shocked: :disturbed: :shakehead: :superscared:
Cat haters in PT!!! How horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grondmaster

Cats and their ways

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

We used to have a tortoise shell cat that we named Perc, because her bubbly purr was a little erratic like a percolating coffee pot. :cat:
'Share and enjoy'

Allyssa

Cats and their ways

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:lightening: <-- Cat haters

:cat: I have two cats, Buckley and Mary. Both female and both RSPCA rescuees.

They couldn't have more opposite personalitys: Buckley is a burly, street-wise tabby and Mary is a long hair grey tortise-shell who is frequently startled by her own shadow. Mary can almost always be found asleep on a bed or in the driveway. Buckley cannot be found unless she wishes it.

My biggest problem with Buckley is that she occasionally likes to stalk birds, although she almost never manages to catch one. We have a resident honey-eater in our garden who I think is more than a match for her anyway.

I dont think it would even occur to Mary to catch and eat a bird. Those things arent sanitary you know!

As might be expected, these two cats have a severe personality clash. If anyone has any suggestions to end conflict between cats, I would be most appreciative. :)

Also, has anyone ever encountered a long haired cat that does not like to be brushed? It's supposed to feel nice, isn't it?
"May the Angels Guide"

Amarië

Cats and their ways

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Also, has anyone ever encountered a long haired cat that does not like to be brushed? It's supposed to feel nice, isn't it?

I think they have to get used to it, maybe the brush is scary and feels strange?

We have a pitch-black shorthaired really strange cat-lady. Rescued from a cat-shelter where they named her Blackie (how imaginative ;) ). Her tail hangs over her back and almost hits her in the head instead of standing straight up, and the tip of the tail has a life of it's own. Other than that the tail seems fine. She refuses to eat her food if it has to small pieces, but eats it anyway if she gets hungry and we're not watching. She perfers the soapy water on the shower-floor rather than the fresh water in her bowl (lion by the waterhole?). She's afraid of strangers and is a bit anti-social, she never comes to us to cuddle, we have to fetch her. She also has a healthy respect for cars, the faster they go, the faster she runs away from them. But then again.. If the car moves slowly so does she. She has a reflective (is that the right word?) collar 'cause we where worried she'd get run over since she is invisisble in the dark. . Quite scary at times when she sits outside the window miau-ing and two huge yellow eyes, a red tounge and white fangs are all you see! (Fangs are the long, sharp teeth right?)

The collar has a smal bell and the pet shop lady said it would scare the birds away so she wouldn't be able to catch it. We didn't belive it would and it doesn't work either. The bell only makes sound when she runs! How rediculus! But I guess it makes some people happy to belive that their cat is just a purring fluffy pet who wouldn't kill any nice birdies even if it could. ;)

Enough rambling from me. Your turn!
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

elentari31

Cats and their ways

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I like cats, but I love dogs more. :D

ProgHead777

Cats and their ways

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I would guess that anyone who hates cats has simply met all the wrong cats. Just like those who hate dogs can usually trace it back to a negative experience or experiences. Then there are the people who just hate animals in general. NEVER trust someone who hates all animals or someone that all animals hate. They are, certainly, heartless people.

I love both cats and dogs... and birds and fish and lizards and snakes and frogs etc, etc... If I had the time, money and room I'd have a veritable zoo.
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”