What'd we get...?

valedhelgwath

What'd we get...?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I got the full set of the History of Middle Earth books from my sister and parents, a plasma ball from my son, a LotR poster book, TTT calander, a crate of beer and some videos from my girlfriend. Oh, and not to forget loads of sweets from the people most likely to call me fat after Christmas.

chikakat

What'd we get...?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I got much candy, much clothing (a very good thing...this way I don't have to fight with the laundry at school as often...), school supplies ( :mad: ), a couple CDs and some sheet music I've been pining over (Rodrigo's Concierto Pastorale for flute and orch, if anyone knows it). I haven't exchanged gifts with some of my friends yet...one in particular has a gift that she says I'll get a real kick out of...this worries me a bit - she's got an odd sense of humor sometimes... :P:

Also! I forgot! It was the best thing ever! WE HAD A WHITE CHRISTMAS! For the first time in 30 years! I love snow! Yay! Exclamation point! :D nn[Edited on 12/28/2002 by chikakat]

ProgHead777

What'd we get...?

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

LOL! My first response to your White Christmas, Chika, was "Oh wow, what a coincidence! So did we!" Then I remembered you live roughly 50 miles north of me so I guess it's not that much of a coinicidence after all :funnylaugh: The first White Christmas of my lifetime :D :snowman:

Anyway, I got a kick-*** printer from my thoughtful and generous parents. It's an HP Photosmart 7350 and it just rocks! And a box of my most favorite (and outrageously expensive) chocolates- Godiva peanut butter meltaways :P:

Three DVD's- Spiderman, Minority Report and Ghosts of Mars.

A bunch of books- The Chronoliths by Robert Charles Wilson; Last Call, The Anubis Gates and Earthquake Weather by Tim Powers; I Am Legend by Richard Matheson; Swan Song, Gone South, The Night Boat, and They Thirst by Robert R. McCammon.

Now I just need to quit my job to find the time to read them all :read:

I also got a cool black t-shirt with a white tiger and a dragon on the front and a new leather wallet (with $100 bill inside!!)from my "real" dad and his wife which came as an unbelievable shock as I've barely even spoken to them in a number of years. :happyelf: That was nice.

And I can't forget Eryan's generous gift of 777 adventures :D :D :D Thank you Eryan! That was very thoughtful :wiggle:

:wavingsanta;
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Stonehelm

What'd we get...?

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I got the TTT poster, TTT calender,(I have a lot of LOTR stuff now!) CD player, alarm clock,candy and money.
I will never raise the white flag.

Gimli_son_of_Gloi

What'd we get...?

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Lemme see here...*rumages through a pack*

I got a funky microscope (the kind med students need to buy for school), a murder mystery party/game, new stereo, couple cd's, a model (one of those gundam wing things), and...a partridge in a pear tree! ;)

I must be the only person who didn't get anything LOTR!!! *grumbles and swings the axe 'round about him*

Allyssa

What'd we get...?

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The only LOTR thing I got for christmas was the Nasmith Calandar. I also got a gold pendant and a new bag for school. Unfortunately, Santa couldnt afford a DVD player just yet.

What my kids got would take far too long to list, but definate favourites are cuddly, talking spiderman and Barbie as Rapunzel.

My cats got the scraps from christmas dinner, which they devoured with relish. ;)
"May the Angels Guide"

Stonehelm

What'd we get...?

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey, we need to start a thread for all the LOTR stuff we have. See who has what, who has the most posters, and things like that.
I will never raise the white flag.

Gimli_son_of_Gloi

What'd we get...?

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I must agree with Stonehelm. This could be rather fun.

*(As a side note)*
Y'know, if we were to do that, we could set up a little bitty forum and such where we could tell others what LOTR stuff we have, but then if we wanted to, even trade it kinda thing, or give stuff to other members that want to do that, maybe...posibbly....only speculation? lol Just an idea to go allong with it. :cool:

I'll be around today if anyone wants to reply

TomBombadillo

What'd we get...?

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Wow! You people sure get loads and loads of Christmas presents! I didn't get anything. *snif* Cause we quit that tradition this year, as it only costs heaps of money and we wanted the presents to be a surprise, so every year you got things you didn't want or need. So this year we decided to buy one present (like a game) for the whole family. And every year someone else buys it. :D Looking forward to New Year's Eve. That's when we get the presents. :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “The Forsaken Inn”