OK FOLKS. SAPPY SONGS THAT WE WISHED WERE NEVER WRITTEN

PlasticSquirrel

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

"Did you ever know that you're my Hero....." ;)

Oh where to start....
Lemme think, I hate a lot of stuff, and I mean A LOT (as anyone who's ever spoken to me in chat will know) can I begin with every Beatles song recorded before 1965, and most of the ones after? And then the entire collection of Queen singles? Good, that'll do to be going on with....

oh btw, Music, you might like to go check out the Top5 section down in the Green Dragon, no-one's been there in a while, so it might be buried, but I think it'd be right up your street.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Delidia

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hmm...what song do i really hate...Hey Ma bye Cameron and Dont mess with my Man by Nivea and Jagged edge. ugh. id rather swim with sharks.
i really modern stuff like limpbizkit and eminem

Ahem. eminem is kool. he writes his own music[lyrics] and that is how he expresses his feelings.

[Edited on 20/3/2003 by Delidia]nn[Edited on 20/3/2003 by Delidia]

musicimprovedme

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Some seriously bad music folks...WTG!!!

Thanks (Squirrel) for telling me about the Top Five, I have been busy droning on about my preferences over there too.

Tinúviel

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Anything by Whitney Houston is absolute torture! :mad:
And all those other nameless love songs that have been done as many times as a rerun on the Series channel, sung by people who may have been famous at one time but now we can't even remember who they are or why they were famous.

Oh and I have to add all boybands to that list!! :evil:

musicimprovedme

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You must be pretty brave there Squirrel to hate the Beatles. I would have thought you would have had more comraderie towards musicians that were named after animals.

And if I may defend American Pie? It is long and way too popular maybe...but have you ever sung it swinging bottles/mugs in a bar? Or around a campfire? That's quite a bit of fun.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You must be pretty brave there Squirrel to hate the Beatles. I would have thought you would have had more comraderie towards musicians that were named after animals.

Heh, someone's got to point out that they weren't actaully all that hot. And I never defend bad spelling ;) Innovators? No. Rip-off merchants? Yes. Murderers of all that was great about Rock and Roll? Certainly.
But I do like the White Album.

And if I may defend American Pie? It is long and way too popular maybe...but have you ever sung it swinging bottles/mugs in a bar? Or around a campfire? That's quite a bit of fun.

Yep. but only for money. And yeah, I do know all the words, and all the supposed meanings to it, Don Maclean was an evil SOB, and something of a religious zealot as well. I went right off it when I found that out.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Celebrian

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

There are so many terrible ballads that have been written, but since I don't wanna take up to much of everybodys time I'll just take some from the top of my head;

1. Celine Dion - "My heart will go on" and everything else she has ever sung.
2. Britney Spears - "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" and will never be one.
3. Anything with Mariah Carey fx "Hero"
4. Whitney Houston - Bodyguard
5.Barbara Streisand - Tell her?

I have more.acoming later ;) nn[Edited on 24/2/2003 by Celebrian]

ProgHead777

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah, I pretty much like all the songs you guys just trashed. Though I do believe Mariah Carey is the spawn of Satan and, surely, Britney Spears is the spawn of the spawn of Satan. And Barbara Streisand IS Satan.

Funny thing about Wind Beneath My Wings. A cousin of mine died about 10 years ago when she was 18 of congenital heart disease. Basically, everyone saw it coming, including her. She had a shoe box with objects she wanted given to particular people after she passed. Inside was a cassette tape with "For Mom" written on the label. Can you guess what was on the tape?
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Return to “The Golden Perch”