Pink Floyd

Vee

Pink Floyd

Post#1 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:26 pm

I've moved this thread from General Discussion to a tavern.....

Floyd_n_milan Posted Friday 17th September 2004 (10:53pm)

Yo, people, this one's dedicated to Pink Floyd. Talk on or should I say, "Welcome to the machine..." and "Have a Cigar"

Race: Men: Dunedain | Location: Osgiliath |

Crystle caves Posted Friday 17th September 2004 (11:15pm)

If I don't hear "Wish You were Here" every couple of days I go INSAINE! I get physically sick and can't move for sake of pain. Mom sais it's because that was playing in the hospital when I was born. Even if that weren't true, I'de still love passing the time listening to the dark side of the moon.

Race: Elf | Location: Rivendell |

i aran

Pink Floyd

Post#2 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:37 pm

"Wish You Were Here" is an amazing cd. I'd have to say though, my favorite songs on that cd are "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" first, and "Wish You Were Here" second. Great, great cd. have you all heard about how Syd Barret showed up, after he had gone "insane", and made an appearance while the band was recording?

Which Pink Floyd cd is your favorite out of Meddle, Wish You Were Here, and Suacerful of Secrets?

floyd_n_milan

Pink Floyd

Post#3 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:06 pm

Hey, no "or" please. Be firm.

floyd_n_milan

Pink Floyd

Post#4 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:07 pm

I'm with aran on all points there. Shine On You Crazy Diamond is the top one for me, though Echoes gives it some damn good fight. Interestingly, they both are musical peices rather than songs. And speaking of Syd Barrett, yes, I know about that incident.

And I vote for Wish You Were Here.

By the way, it would be a nice idea to run sort of a poll here.

Favourite song and favourite album. And the choise isn't limited. Any Pink Floyd works, just don't include the solo work by say Barrett or Gilmour or Waters. Let's keep it in all that's released under the name Pink Floyd. I guess that includes the post-Waters era as well.

i aran

Pink Floyd

Post#5 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:10 pm

My bad. My favorite song is.................shine on you crazy diamond

bugyfeanor

Pink Floyd

Post#6 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:16 pm

I'll go with High Hopes for my fave song and The Wall for my fave album.

PS: I need not say I love more than one of their songs, so that was a tougher choice than it seems at first sight; plus, my fave song was Shine On You Crazy Diamond up til I've heard High Hopes for the first time.
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

valedhelgwath

Pink Floyd

Post#7 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:40 am

I think Division Bell is my favourite Album.

My favourite song depends on the mood I am in at any particular time.... It's between Shine on you crazy diamond, Dogs, One of these Days or Atom Heart Mother. I think if I had to just choose one, it would be One of these Days.

i aran

Pink Floyd

Post#8 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:50 pm

Good idea Floyd.

It's gonna be tough though. They're all so great in different ways. But I'll try...

Favorite Pink Floyd Album: [u]Dark Side of the Moon [/u](favorite song on album: Any Colour You Like)
Favorite Pink Floyd Song: Echoes or Shine on You Crazy Diamond. (Albums: [u]Meddle[/u] and [u]Wish You Were Here[/u], respectively)

valedhelgwath

Pink Floyd

Post#9 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:38 am

It seems to have gone quiet in here. I thought we had more Floyd fans around the site than this. Where is Plastic Squirrel when you want him?

So what about the early Floyd.... Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Saucerful of Secrets, More, Ummagumma, the early singles etc. Anyone into them? I think saucerful of secrets is superb, but it seldom gets anyone's favourite album vote because it is outshone by their later stuff.

And has anyone seen either of the films from which the soundtracks More and Obscured by Clouds came from? I think the films were called More and La Valley. There was also a film called Zabriskie Point, which I've seen a few times, which Floyd contributed three tracks (Heart Beat, Pig Meat; Come in number 51; and Crumbling Land). Anyone seen this one, or heard the soundtrack? It also contains material from Gerry Garcia of the Greatful Dead and Connie Francis of all people.

floyd_n_milan

Pink Floyd

Post#10 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:11 am

Hmm. It is quiet. But, I must say Val, that I haven't met anyone other than you who's into the older stuff, but I'm with you. I've got the More soundtrack, though I haven't found the Zabriskie Point Soundtrack anywhere! :(

By the way, September was an important month when it comes to Pink Floyd, and I seem to have missed the dates, here they are anyways :

Wish You Were Here : September 15, 1975

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason : September 7, 1987

This means that Wish You Were Here celebrated its 29th anniversary on 15th.

In October another two albums were released, viz., Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother.

By the way, where's V? I think Momentary Laspe Of Reason was her favourite album!

Return to “The Golden Perch”