Your Favourite Band!

Your Favourite Band!

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey Ross, you realy want to know?? OKay. it is *Pur* (I think you never heard of this name or????

But a very good English-speaking/singing band is *Coldplay* I guess. than I like them ;-)

And realy I never heard of New Order. But I must say I am very bad with names of Groups/Bands/Artist any thing.

So mabey, you are a big fan, so maybe you can give me an Internet-site and I can look at this great great ;-)) badn New Order.

Your Favourite Band!

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i dont have a fav band but i have a fav artist and that is NELLYi totally love his music and totally just love hip hop all together luv yall bye bye

Your Favourite Band!

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Let's see.. my fave band's probably Everclear. I really like their music plus they're based in my hometown of Portland, OR.

:D nn[Edited on 18/3/2003 by faramirsgirl]

Your Favourite Band!

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Okay, as many of you know by now I have a real hard time cutting it down to 1 band, but as many of you also know, I always cut it down to the Residents, an avant-garde group from San Francisco who's career is as shrouded in mystery as some of their strange music.

Nobody knows their true identities, and hardly anyone I know has even heard of them. But they are credited with inventing the Music video (their 3rd Reich and Roll video predates any other creation in this media, and is preserved in the New York Museum of Modern Art, as are their One minute Movies) Punk Music and most of the techniques for multi-tracking, Midi, and any other technology you can find. Roland have even given them credit for their innovative use of the legendary Emulator.

I saw them live last week, and it has to be said that even after 30 years, they are still pushing the boundaries and creating music unlike anything that has gone before (a hard job in these modern times).

Anyone wishing to learn more, go to and if you fancy getting into them, there is a nice ear-friendly compilation album called "Petting Zoo" which eases you gently in, rather than going straight to albums like "eskimo" which while fantastic, are gonna throw you in at the deep end, and confuse you. for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Your Favourite Band!

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Wahey I actually got a response, I'm not sure about the website sorry, but you will know Blue Monday, it used ot be used on the American express album and Kylie did a remix of can't get you out of my head to it's music. I have heard of a german band called Pur but thats it sorry, Coldplay are cool, Everclear are a favourite band of my best mate. Nelly with his plaster for his jailed friend and I somehow knew that would be PLastic's response!
Sod off I'm busy!

Your Favourite Band!

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think I'll just show my age and say mine's Pink Floyd because they've been my favourite band for 25 years and I'm still not fed up with them. Unlike any other band, my ears still prick up if I hear their name mentioned anywhere.

Your Favourite Band!

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey I listen to Pink Floyd, I want to go to a concert and get a giant inflatible Boar dropped on me!
Sod off I'm busy!

Your Favourite Band!

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My favorite band fluctuates between

The Dead, previously known as The other ones, previously known as the Grateful Dead (they keep changing their name in the absence of Jerry)

And Led Zeppelin

Curently being the latter...

Your Favourite Band!

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Rammstien our a fantastic band check them out
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

Return to “The Ivy Bush”