Your Favourite Band!

tommie

Your Favourite Band!

Post#151 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:16 am

Does anyone like Genesis? I love Genesis. And Phil Collins solo too, of course.

eithin

Your Favourite Band!

Post#152 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:49 am

Our Lady Peace rocks! Had a hit on Mtv with "Innocent" but I can honestly say that all their songs are good... a little extra star for the song "automatic flowers.
Another good artist is Emiliana Torrini, some of you may recognize her cause she sang "Gollums Song" in the Two Towers. "To Be Free", "Reykjavik" (like Björk she is also from Iceland), "Easy" and "Sunny Road" is a some of her songs...

aragorn_jr

Your Favourite Band!

Post#153 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:48 pm

Tommie, do you mean Genesis as in by busta rhymes, or is it a band?
My fav bands are Rush and Linkin Park. Also a newish band called The Music. My daughters think I'm too old to like the last 2 as they're young bands but you're as young as you feel.

Is Rush any good, Linkin Park is my Fav. but i not heard of Rush. Are they like LP?

tommie

Your Favourite Band!

Post#154 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:56 am

Tommie, do you mean Genesis as in by busta rhymes, or is it a band?

Well, it used to be a band, don't know if they're still together, I thought they were, but not sure. Had Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel as percussionist (spelling?) and singer. Had big hits like "Jesus he knows me", "Follow you, follow me", "Mama" and "I can't dance".

daphnegreengrass

Your Favourite Band!

Post#155 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:04 am

My daughters think I'm too old.....

I didn't like that! Remember this, nobody is too young or too old for those kinds of things except the things that are...you know! Anyways I'm typing in here not because of that, My favorite bands are Evanescence, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Eraserhead(this band has already separated years ago.)Phantom planet, Cranberries, Switchfoot, Incubus and anything carefree or loud that speaks out my self.(or maybe I should add relaxing?)

valedhelgwath

Your Favourite Band!

Post#156 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:18 am

Does anyone like Genesis? I love Genesis. And Phil Collins solo too, of course

I really like early Genesis, Tommie, but think they went badly downhill when Peter Gabriel left. Trespass, Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound are among my all time favourite albums. I really don't like their later material though.

tommie

Your Favourite Band!

Post#157 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:13 am

I really like early Genesis, Tommie, but think they went badly downhill when Peter Gabriel left. Trespass, Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound are among my all time favourite albums. I really don't like their later material though.

Ehmm, can you name some of the early material? (I'm guessing I named titels from the later period). I really really really like "Jesus he knows me". But then again, I'm a Phil Collins fan. :wink:

valedhelgwath

Your Favourite Band!

Post#158 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:51 am

Those three albums from above are some of their earlier material. They tended to write rather long compositions back then (such as the 28 minute Supper's Ready from the Foxtrot album), so they weren't really singles orientated. My suggestion would be to try and find either a copy of Selling England by the Pound or Trespass if you want to give them a go. I quite liked the Follow you Follow Me single from the Then There Were Three album, but that was the definite shut off album for me, after which I lost interest in them as a band.

I always thought the first two Marillion albums (Script for a Jester's Tear and Fugazi) took off from where Gabriel's Genesis had ended. Sadly they went rapidly downhill too.

tommie

Your Favourite Band!

Post#159 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:18 am

*rapidly making notes*
Thanks Val! I'm definitely going to give those a try if I can find them!

galadriel.

Your Favourite Band!

Post#160 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:10 am

My favorite band is Pink Floyd. I really like their music. I also like Queen.

Return to “The Ivy Bush”