What are you listening to?

Andrea

Post#1201 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:13 pm

Lol nice one Grondy :grin:
I'm listening to some stupid crickets. Somehow one got inside and it's staked out under the computer desk chirping away but I'm too lazy to find it and put it outside, and the other is in the garage chirping. It's kinda funny, when I sneezed they both stopped and then started at the same time... I bet they're gossiping about me... :paranoid: :wary:
Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceeds that goal.

loni

Post#1202 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:17 pm

Heehee. My crickets are gossiping about you too. I can ehar them! hahaha. But actually I'm listening to Tchaikovsky's 'Valse de fleurs.' That means Waltz of the Flowers. It's so cool. And guess who is playing it? ME!!! On my piano. Oh yeah. Da da da da da - - dadaaaaa! Dadadadadadeedadeeda! It's soooo cool!

valedhelgwath

Post#1203 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:15 am

I'm listening to sounds of people in my house. I'm not used to it. Usually the only sounds I hear are the ones I make.

melian

Post#1204 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:37 am

Melian have you ever heard of the Assad brothers? You should check out the album entitled Sergio & Odair Assad Play Piazzolla(Nonesuch Records, 2001). It might be kind of hard to find, but it’s well worth it! I have a pretty decent record collection if I do say so myself, and that record is without a doubt one of the best records I own! Absolutely mind-blowing!!!

Assad brothers. . . It seems like I have seen that title before. I will check into that. The version I had was played by Yo-Yo Ma.

I am always impressed when a musician is able to get work! I am an aspiring singer (opera and otherwise) and I know how competitive it is out there. Good job ! :orcthumbs:

Anyway, to stay on subject, I am listening to the tv, background noise.

grondmaster

Post#1205 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:15 pm

I'm listening to NPR's Midday, which starts at noon on the Left Coast.
'Share and enjoy'

Elfstone

Post#1206 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:40 pm

Listening to the Angels vs. the D-rays in the rubber match of the series. We were up 8-0 going into the bottom of the 7th after Josh Paul hit a grand slam, but then John Lackey who had been pitching an excellent game for us just gave up 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th, and blew his shut out bid. Now 8-4 headed into the top of the 8th. Hold on Halo's, we need this one big time today!!!

Actually, as I was just about to post, Erstad just hit a home run for us! Way to go Ersty!!! 10-4 Halo's now headed into the bottom of the 8th.
:angel:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

laurelindhe ilmarin

Post#1207 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:51 pm

Right now I am listening to "Here Comes Your Man" by the Pixies. Remember that one? Great song. Love the Pixies. (hmm...elves...pixies...dwarves...trend here?)

By the way, you all have wonderful and unique taste in music-this thread really covers a broad spectrum...

Vee

Post#1208 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:29 pm

Yay! I love The Pixies! Especially Here Comes Your Man!

Not listening to anything musical at the moment....... just the voices in my head.

loni

Post#1209 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:09 pm

I am listening to a piece on the piano played by ME composed by ME. It's so cool. But I've arranged it for two pianos, a guitar, a flute, and a bass. So I've recorded one piano on tape, and I'm playing the other part to the tape. It's SOOOOO cool. One piano goes da di da di da di da di da di dadada di da.... And the other goes da dadadadidadada da dadadadidadada..... It is SO SO cool.

laurelindhe ilmarin

Post#1210 » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:14 pm

Yes, Loni-it is definitely very cool to create something that is your very own. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself-lots of "da di da's" indicates that you might be enjoying it a little too much... :grin:-just kidding.

Right now I am listening to my husband yell at me to get off the computer. Very pleasant!

Return to “The Ivy Bush”