What are you listening to?

grondmaster

Post#1801 » Mon May 15, 2006 5:43 pm

My 1996 rendition of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

I really should get back to making music again. Especially as earlier in the year, Elly pointed me to an online score of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" and she translated its instructional notes from the Russian for me.

I've been bogged down in Mozart's Violin Concerto in D Major, K.218 trying to fit the horn and oboe parts in after finishing the string parts and then finding insufficent room the way I had it arranged. Being limited to only six instruments playing at any one time can put a crimp in the works. I'll probably have do a little judicious swapping of the second violins, violas and first and second oboes in those passages where the oboes are playing an octave above thye violins.

I like listening to Mozart, but his music is too fiddley, when it comes to minimalizing it; Vivaldi and Bach are much easier to do. Of course it took me two weeks of fiddling with the 'Malaguena' from Ravel's 'Rapsodie Espagnole'. That was two weeks for one-and-a-half minutes worth of music: he kept changing instruments every two bars and my having to adjust their volumes for a good blend was a nightmare. Oh well, that's done and it came out very well. And I can finish the Mozart when and if I've a mind toit.
'Share and enjoy'

maydmarion

Post#1802 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 am

'A Horse with no Name' by America la la lalalala la la la :mad2: oh now it's the next one 'I Need You' lol

mellon

Post#1803 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:11 am

Our national song "Ja , vi elsker "( translated:Yes we love..)on the radio , simply because its Norways national day this very day:)
:pary::pary:

Grep

Post#1804 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:21 pm

Delta Lady by Joe Cocker

grondmaster

Post#1805 » Wed May 17, 2006 5:36 pm

"The Hidden Histories of Slavery" live via www.radioopensource.org
'Share and enjoy'

maydmarion

Post#1806 » Thu May 18, 2006 2:57 pm

Sting - he has a very sexy, dreamy voice mmmmmm

grondmaster

Post#1807 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:36 pm

The Senate confirmation hearing for General Michael Hayden, nominated to be director of the Central Intelligence Agency, via NPR.
'Share and enjoy'

elrose

Post#1808 » Thu May 18, 2006 5:11 pm

seven curses by Bob Dylan, who cares if he cant sing very well? he plays like a god and composes like a god to
hes like, the god of folk
which means the god of msic :)

mellon

Post#1809 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:56 am

Donald Duck , a big noise from the telly (my youngest daugther is watching cartoon :))

mellon

Post#1810 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:31 am

Less than a pearl - by Enya from her latest album Amarantine

Return to “The Ivy Bush”