Your favorite childhood memory?

Andrea

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hmm... I have lots of childhood favorites, but my one of my favorites was my first time on a horse alone. It has to be one of the greatest feelings in the world, and definately one of my top! :D
Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceeds that goal.

LadyFeawen

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I would have to say one of my favorite childhood memorys would have to be when me,my brother(Excelsior),my sister(LadyElanor),would go out and collect apple worms off our apple trees for hours at a time,we would climb so high up in the trees and when you would get to the top there was always more & more worms to collect,we would do this all summer.
And then there was when I was just a wee lass and my sis,bro and this boy named Calvin(he was my first crush :inlove:) found a mudd whole and coverd eachother with mudd from head to toe! and we where in our church clothes. :funnylaugh:
When I got the nick-name Willow is a memory I'll never forget.

Fea
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

Andrea

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

When I got the nick-name Willow is a memory I'll never forget.

How'd you get that?
My dad has nicknamed me Dizy. When I was about 5, I had lots and LOTS and LOTS of energy!!! (Still do most times). I was talking to my dad, and all of a sudden he "fainted" (Now I know he was just faking it, but at the time I really thought he had). He got up a couple seconds later, and told me that I talked so fast and had so much energy that I made him dizzy. So he said that my new name was Dizzy. But then I argued dizzy was something you are, and not a person, so we made it Dizy. Now all my family calls me Diz or Dizy, and sometimes I have a few close friends that call me it too (mainly to get on my nerves)!
Another fun childhood memory was when I first got my lovable Sophie dog. We lived next door to a cemetary and church at the time, and she ran away. My mom and her friend Julia had to go run through the graveyard trying to catch her, and I cried my eyes out because I thought she didn't like me!!! Once they did catch her and ring her back, I was so mad, I asked my mom if we could get a refund! Now of course I love that dog like none other!
Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceeds that goal.

Florian

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well Andrea, I will surely not say that my est childhood memory was the first time I was on a horse cuse My horse got a heat crsis and threw me on the floor... :mad: ...But the first time I skied will fit very well... :smoke:

Andrea

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ooo, I really want to learn how to ski, I do snowboard though, but I don't think it'd be as fun!

Florian

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Don't worry Andrea, if I wanted to do snowboard I would :mad: but I'm the only child in my family that still does ski and I think snowboard is way too painful for my a**. ;) ...although it was funny falling down evry second...

Naira

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think my fave childhood memory would be when I was feeding my cat and seeing whether she will finish the food cos she rarely ever does. I also remember having meetings with my stuffed animals becos there weren't any kids my age to play with! :P:
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me"

Aentra

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think I have to say my absolute favorite childhood memories was all the moments with my last cat Kisen who very sadly past away about two and a half years ago. :(

But of course I can´t leave out all the happy memories from all the travels I´ve been through in my life.
I can´t just chose one so I´m very happy all of them are stuck in my head for ever and ever!! :D
I know things I didn´t even know I knew

Amarië

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My favorite childhood place is a patch of hazelwood trees close to my house, which we called what would in English be nutwood or hazelwood. A small stream ran trough it which we called the Sewer River, cause it smelled and had rats living in it, so we kept some distance from it. :funnylaugh: Ahh.. how much fun we had there playing indians and whatever we came up with. And the nuts where goooooood, ate tons of them, but now I'm allergic. :sad:

And the play house, often used for silly naive clubs. Ahh we had some fun didn't we Celebrian? :) *dreams back*
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

grondmaster

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:deal: Amarië's story reminded me of happy sunny spring afternoon when the guys two years older than me let me tag along with them when they were playing Cowboys and Indians down by our creek. Coincidently where there was also the sewer smell of the town's nearby holding ponds and we called the area "S**t Crick".

Anyway, we had fun that day and when they decided to have a BB-gun war, I was given the 22 (without any ammo) and told to stay where I was and to just guard it; to and watch them do the fighting. That's what I did and it was fun because I had a responsibility and nobody got hurt, except I think I caught a ricochet on a finger.

Kids: Don't do this at home or anywhere else; someone could lose an eye playing with BB-guns in this irresponsible manner.
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”