How did u discover this site?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:55 am

Well, all I want to know from this thread that how all of u come to be members of this site and moreover how did u even come to know that this site existed. I'm just curious! (Hoping no cats were killed there!)

As for me, I was just searching for some Tolkien-related wallpapers sing the IE search engine and then I came to know about this site. I browsed around the forums abit and then went to chat room. Met and chatted with Amarie and LadyAutomnBlueSky. Liked them and so I decided to become a member
of this site. After that its been fun all the time!

Now for ur true accounts plz!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

Post#2 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:38 am

My good friend Celebrian found it and said this was a very nice place. She was right. :)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Post#3 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:07 am

When I read LOTR for the first time, I was looking for more information about things I didn't understand, like the Grey Havens, and I ended up here. Plastic's comments on Sam made me join the forum. I grew fond of the atmosphere and the people I met here, so I kept comming back.

Post#4 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:21 am

I was looking for some information on other Tolkien books and found this site. I was AMAZED. I had no idea anything like this existed (happy in my own little world).

Post#5 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:17 am

Yes, it was Celebs fault that I am here too. Since we have the same tase in everything exept tomatoes I usually agree when she say something. She said a lot of good about this place, so I snuck in a particulary dark night about a year ago. Been here since. :) (Well sometimes I go away to eat, but..)
What are you looking down here for?

Post#6 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:42 am

I was on this Icelandic site and was reading some of the articles there (unfortunately for you all in Icelandic!) and came across this link, then the paper Undirtónar also told people about this link so I decided to check it out and signed up... :D
I´m really glad I did because you can get an answer to all of your questions here!!! :D:D:D

Post#7 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:09 am

Well, thank u ppl!

But Gnampie u didn't say how did u find out about this site.
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

Post#8 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:23 am

It was shortly after turning 12 I decided to become a member (it was late at night from what I can remember). I had read the first two books and heard about the movies so I typed in 'tolkien' on Internet Explorer. I had been visiting chat,though,before I became a member. :)
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

Post#9 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:41 am

I first discovered this site when looking for some more information on some stuff in the Silmarillion. To think, that was over a year ago, the time has flown by. :)
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

Post#10 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:23 pm

I discovered PT the day after the theatrical cut of TTT was released. Feeling utterly disappointed with the TC of TTT, I just had to find out what others were saying about the film, so my wife actually did a search at work for Tolkien related web sites, and sent me an email with some links to various sites. I think PT was the first site I checked out on the list, and I promptly submitted my first review of TTT.

I had never been involved with any kind of “discussion board”, or any Internet chat rooms ever before, so it was definitely a new experience for me then. I remember replying to Rednell’s welcome message, and saying something like “well I’ve never been much of a poster”, and here I am a little over a year later pushing up to 800 posts!

Also, I started reading The Silmarillion for the first time right around the time I first came to PT, and that was right when PT had started the reading/discussion group for the Sil. that was being led by Val, and that’s how I really got hooked!
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Return to “The Ivy Bush”