How random can you be?

celebriannenharma

How random can you be?

Post#1601 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:20 am

Those are stupid questions. Most people say there aren't any stupid questions, like teachers... go figure. ( not to offend if anyone here is one! :) )

Why was Vanilla Ice only a one hit wonder? ( I kind of like Ice, Ice, Baby! )

lord_aragorn86

How random can you be?

Post#1602 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:48 pm

Maybe because he kinda thawed after that song became a hit.

Why is it not good to be gullible and worse to be cunning?
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

caudimordax

How random can you be?

Post#1603 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:27 pm

because every thing is good with moderation.

Why is Off represented by 1 and On represented by 0...or maybe it is visa versa?

Morambar

How random can you be?

Post#1604 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:49 pm

Because computers are binary (like everything really is.) And because 1 is, and 0 is not.

This isn't really random, but

While Freddy Mercury was, of course, dead, why didn't David Bowie and/or the surviving members of Queen sue Vanilla Ice for ripping off Under Pressure and calling it a "new" song as Ice, Ice Baby?

elrose

How random can you be?

Post#1605 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:04 pm

it was a government conspericy....they payed off the people who could sue or something so that Vanilla Ice could help them.....with what i dont know but the plot might thicken yet....

why is there American football, Gaelic football and the more common football? why doesn't the Americans go with Throwball, the Gaelics go with football (so what if i'm biased?) and everyone else goes with legball?

Morambar

How random can you be?

Post#1606 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:38 pm

Because the running game is actually far important in football than the passing game. If you can't run, or, more to the point, if your offensive line can't run block, you're toast. Your only other option is the pass, and the defense knows it. Worse yet, coaches have begun realizing what I knew all along: a team that blitzes on every other down can be beaten soundly with lots of screen passes (itself really more of a run, since the ball is thrown to a receiver behind the line and you can block down field,) but a really first class secondary means your quarterback throws more TDs to them than to you.

So how do you beat a good defensive secondary? The same way you beat any team: with a good running game. An incomplete pass forces a stoppage of the clock, because the refs need time to respot the ball, so it's not a good way to ice a win; further, I've never heard of an "incomplete run" and fumbles are less common than interceptions. Until recently, few good teams threw more than they ran, and the balance of them still don't. A team that passes on every down is akin to a team that starts the game with an onside kick: they don't have a prayer, and they know it. Put it this way: I've seen more teams win games with a kneel down than with a hail Mary.

And association football is not football, that's why we call it soccer. :elfroleeyes: It does furnish some good kickers, and the Chargers had an ex-rugby player as a punter a few years back, a good punter at that. I could give you an extended discussion of Why I Love Football, and even explain the rules pretty well so you'd be left going "Oh" but I think the mods would have a conniption fit. Suffice it to say we don't do it the rugby way becuase folks were getting hurt -- badly and TR threatened to end the game forever, so now you have to have seven men on the offensive line, with only the two on either end able to catch passes. You also can't watch a guy go out for a pass and take his knees out while he's watching the ball, not you. You can't have your guard block a nose tackle high (stand him up) while your center takes his knees out because you only have two knees and one spine; when they're gone, they're gone. If you really wanna WHY and HOW it all makes sense Google the NFLs online rulebook, or have them send you a complete one for this season (three more weeks, just three more weeks.)

Why would I want to play a game with the pace of basketball on a football field? or

How many times can you sprint a hundred (or hundred and ten) yards in an hour without dying?

grondmaster

How random can you be?

Post#1607 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:15 pm

I'll answer the first question: Because in that game the score keeper never has to change the score board more than a couple times per hour. Okay, I suppose some people get a kick out of watching a bunch of grown men wearing shorts, just running around up and down a field, but I'm not one of them.

How can any game that ends with a score of one to zip be exciting.
'Share and enjoy'

eruwen

How random can you be?

Post#1608 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:41 pm

Baseball's exciting! And it can have a score of 1-0. Soccer is extremely exciting as well!!! I love fast-paced games.

Why are glaciers blue?

caudimordax

How random can you be?

Post#1609 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:12 pm

Because as light refracts of the ice only the blue passes. God made it that way to match the sky.

How many smilies are avaliable? And does any one else think that they are increasing in number? I keep discoving new ones. Maybe it's a plot to take over the world with smilies. There could be a mad genius :genius: smilie, who is commanding all the other soldier smilies :wiggle: to slowly corrupt our communication to babbaling smilies. And all the human race fall into illiteracy. So they can dominate. :veryevil:

grondmaster

How random can you be?

Post#1610 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:59 pm

An infinitesimal number and surely they are for they think they are wabbits.

Do you think?
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”