How random can you be?

grondmaster

How random can you be?

Post#2101 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:47 pm

Books by Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchet, Elizebeth Peters, Michael Jecks, Saran Newman, Neil Gaiman, Candice Robb, Michael and Jeff Shaara, Laura Lippman, Barbara Hamby, Victoria Thompson, Edward Marston, Laurie R. King, and JRR Tolkien, but not necessarily in that order. :read:

Did you get to know all four of your grandparents and did you ever spend most of a summer with any of them?
'Share and enjoy'

lass

How random can you be?

Post#2102 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:51 am

Why yes, fortunately I did. I even spent time (that I can only just remember, being so very young) with a great-grandparent!

I usually spent about 3 weeks of the summer holidays with my Mother's parents (In Ireland) and the remaining holiday with my Father's parents (in England) "Down the caravan".

I think my Father's parents got the better end of the deal, when we were young, as we still lived in England & spent most weekends down at the caravan site - so they got to see us a lot more than their counterparts.

After moving to Ireland, the 'better end of the deal' was passed over to my Mother's parents.

Unfortunately I only have one grandparent still around, having lost the other three in the past few years. As sad as that is I am forever grateful & realise how blessed I was, and still am, to have had grandparents that I truly knew. I realise a lot of people missed out on this experience & only hope that their relationships with other family members are/were enriched and happy!

Might I take this opportunity, since the subject was brought up, to send all my love to my Nan (living... Even though she'll hardly see this!), also to my Granny, Granda & Pops... who might just see this or at least be aware of it, if what most of us hope happens after death, happens.

Thoughts also, to those of you who never knew your grandparents or who did and miss them as much as I miss mine.

Ok - back to randomness, huh...

Er...

In five words - describe, as best you can, your usual hairstyle!

Tinúviel

How random can you be?

Post#2103 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:10 am

Loose, blow-dried, long and straight.

When you were a kid, did you ever dream that you could fly and then woke up thinking that you still could?

Elffairy

How random can you be?

Post#2104 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:57 pm

what are you talking about... i can fly ;)

how come we like different foods. is it because our taste buds are different or is it all in the mind?

grondmaster

How random can you be?

Post#2105 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:40 pm

It is because most of us grew up in different cultures or our parents did and we learned what we like from them. What I am trying to say is that it is due to the world being smaller, we all are surrounded by people of diverse cultures who are now sharing their different foodstuffs and while we like some of their tastes, we usually fall back to those foods we grew up with.

Where in the world is Carman San Diego?
'Share and enjoy'

magician skip

How random can you be?

Post#2106 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:28 am

I believe she is having tea with a hermit in Tibet.

Why do the good die young?

galenhir

How random can you be?

Post#2107 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:39 pm

If those who are good that have died young had lived to be old (which they didn't because they died while they were young) then as they matured it is likely that they would have been exposed to more unsavory aspects of the world. Depending on their decisions when exposed to these aspects, the 'goodness' attributed to them in their youth could be put to the question. Those who have not died young have likely faced more of what the world could throw at them, and thereby were forced to make more decisions; it is probability. If I hand you a coconut every year, the more coconuts I hand you the more likely you'll receive a bad coconut. The good-that-died-young just had too few coconuts in order for the world to make a completely informed decision on the rottenness of their immortal souls...
...maybe.

Why is the five-second rule for five seconds?

grondmaster

How random can you be?

Post#2108 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:41 pm

Because they have never eaten off my floors: my floors are filthier and my germs are faster, so I have instigated a two second rule, which means if I can catch it on the bounce it is probably okay to eat. The five seconds of the rule is because normally only a modicum of germs can transfer from the floor to your dropped food if you retrieve it within that time frame. :elfbiggrin:

When the jelly side of your toast hits the carpet, do you pick the lint out before you eat it, the toast that is?
'Share and enjoy'

Naira

How random can you be?

Post#2109 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:01 pm

No, I eat the other side of the toast, where the peanut butter is :dunce:

Why do people who dress up as LOTR characters get strange looks from other people?
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me"

Tinúviel

How random can you be?

Post#2110 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:45 am

It depends, are the aforementioned people dressing up as orcs or as characters of a more wholesome nature? I guess the real answer would be that most people don't like other people who are different to them - narrow-minded amoebas!

Why do the curtains in my office shrink when the sun shines on them?

Return to “The Ivy Bush”