The Person Below Game

rafael

The Person Below Game

Post#2401 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:06 pm

I don't think any movie made me cry, books may do, though!

What are you doing to stay healthy during the winter season?

grondmaster

The Person Below Game

Post#2402 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:44 pm

Staying warm; eating well; and above all, staying away from little children. :elfgrin:

Do you know why the sky is blue, the grass is green; and the sea looks blue-green?
'Share and enjoy'

turion

The Person Below Game

Post#2403 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:15 pm

The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.
However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.
As you look closer to the horizon, the sky appears much paler in color. To reach you, the scattered blue light must pass through more air. Some of it gets scattered away again in other directions. Less blue light reaches your eyes. The color of the sky near the horizon appears paler or white.
When the sky is brilliant blue, the sea is also, because it reflects the blue of the sky.
Grass appears green because all of the colors in the rainbow are absorbed into the leaves of the grass except green

what are your apsiration in life?

Tinúviel

The Person Below Game

Post#2404 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:57 am

and the sea is blue-green because water is blue for the same reason that the sky is and the sea contains life and 'sea-grass' which is green :wink:

I aspire to make a difference in the people's lives who I come in contact with.

Why is it going to be 40C in Cape Town this Sunday - that's just madness?

Thorin Oakenshield

The Person Below Game

Post#2405 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:08 am

because of global warming, that's why.

If you had a chance to kill someone you really hated who would it be(i'm imune as i asked the question, sorry:elkgrin:
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

Fionwë Urion

The Person Below Game

Post#2406 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:51 am

No one. Hasn't your mother taught you that it's not nice to kill?

What do you like to spend most of your time doing?

aldaradan

The Person Below Game

Post#2407 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:23 pm

Nothing

What hoopy do you wish you could start up again?

arwen evenstar

The Person Below Game

Post#2408 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:14 pm

crocheting, you did mean hobby, didn't you????

which do you prefer? running outdoors or on a treadmill?

rafael

The Person Below Game

Post#2409 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:16 pm

I think it may depend on the weather conditions. :snowman: :lightening: There is a saying in Norway though: there is no bad weather; only bad clothing!

How many hours a week do you read? :read:

grondmaster

The Person Below Game

Post#2410 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:37 pm

Eight to ten a week at bedtimes, maybe an hour or two with the newspaper, plus maybe another hour a week searching books while working the forum. I seldom read my magazines. Of course I spend two to four hours here almost daily, which entails reading the monitor, but I don't think that was part of the question.

Have you ever swung from a rope into a swimming hole?
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”