EA's Battle for MIddle Earth

thrain iii

Post#1 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:18 pm

Is anyone excited like i am about this game? An interactive map of Middle Earth? How cool. Also the fact that individual units have emotions and feelings. quite frankly i'm getting really pumped for the release. you can watch cinematics for it at ea's website.

Post#2 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:58 pm

Okay, could someone explain? I don't understand. What does EA stand for? What is this game? Details? huh? What do you mean, 'interactive' map? And what IS this website?

Post#3 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:57 am

A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

Post#4 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:54 pm

No, I haven't played any of the recent LotR related games.

I'm working my way through the Neverwinter Nights series and have just arrived on the first level of the Undermountain in Hordes of the Underdark. When I finish it I'll probably go back to Final Fantasy VII now that my grandson and I finally got that darned runaway train stopped before it wiped out Mt. Corel: the on-screen instructions for the PC sounded like it took four keystrokes cycled over and over, while it only took two cycled over and over. I wasted six months and a couple hours waiting to figure that out. Harumph!
'Share and enjoy'

thrain iii

Post#5 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:21 pm

Neverwinter nights is a goood one

Post#6 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:26 pm

Is anyone excited like i am about this game?

I've had my eye on that one since I first saw some screen shots around Christmas time. I love RTS games anyway, and this looks like being one of the best. I like the idea that each of the factions (Mordor, Rohan, Gondor and Isengard) each have to meet different criteria in oder to raise their armies. It looks awesome.

I often play these sort of gamnes over my LAN with my son, so we're both looking forward to this one.

Post#7 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:30 pm

i cant wait for that game to come out,i like all the LOTR games ive played and strategy games are about the only games im good at (action,and arcade style games being the others,im the worlds worst rpg gamer)ive been waiting since march for this game and cant wait for it to come out,and as a little side note i cant wait for middle-earthonline to come out as well(a game NOT based on the movies, but the books)

Post#8 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:33 pm

Hey, I am just dying for it to get released! This is probrably the first good LOTR strategy game (no offense to War of the Ring or whatever it is, people) that has come out. Hey I've been to the official site, seen some demos, and i can tell its gonna be some kool game. HEy, did u know orcs can be produced for free in the game. :)

Post#9 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:41 pm

I've never been much of a gamer. But I've been waiting for this one for some time. The video clips are encouraging.

Post#10 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:19 pm

Gandalf didn't "die" in Moria. In fact, the old wizard slapped down the Balrog and marched out of the mountain with the rest of the fellowship. Meanwhile, King Theoden of Rohan managed to get cut down at Helm's Deep and, oh yeah, Boromir lives.

But in other battles, heroes can and will fall. In fact, one of the most shocking moments in our testing came when Aragorn fell in an early battle and the game went on, accepting Aragorn as a casualty of war. Another surprise came when Boromir was saved from the Uruk-hai, thus veering away from The Fellowship of the Ring storyline. Alas, what seemed to be a bold move on the part of EA faded as Aragorn and other characters that were killed in battle simply reappeared in other battles later on.

Sam and a group of Gondor soldiers take on Shelob, the spider queen. As you can probably tell, the game takes some liberties with the story for gameplay's sake.

That's from the Gamespot review, which awarded the game 8.4 out of 10. So overall, I think I'll grant EA the poetic license and get the game, because it looks great!! :D

(Grondy merely strengthed the above spoiler headline)

Return to “The Ivy Bush”