Twist my words...

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#51 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:32 pm

Oops, I spent so much time coming up with those different words, that I forgot to add a follow on.

'A wandering Elf, a thrall escaped, whom Beleg met and comforted.'
'Share and enjoy'

eruwen

Twist my words...

Post#52 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:19 am

No worries, Grondy :). Your sentence more than made up for the missing prompt.

'A wandering Elf, a thrall escaped, whom Beleg met and comforted.'

A drifting child of Illuvatar, bondage fled, happened upon another Sindarin elf of great strength and stamina by whom he was aided.

From my calendar once again:
"Of all the Istari, he was the closest to the Eldar and was the only Wizard who truly cared about things of seemingly small value like Hobbits and trees."

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#53 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:52 pm

"Of all the Istari, he was the closest to the Eldar and was the only Wizard who truly cared about things of seemingly small value like Hobbits and trees."

Amongst the population of Wizards, Gandalf had the esteem of the 'Elves of the Three Kindreds'; being the one of them who fully appreciated entities of minor apparent worth, such as Halflings and forests.

(timber is to trees as ham is to pigs, so I really couldn't justify its usage in this context.)

Certain flaws of character, if displayed to advantage, shine brighter than virtue itself. - Maxim #354 of Francois, duc de La Rochefoucauld
'Share and enjoy'

Vee

Twist my words...

Post#54 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:17 pm

Sometimes it is good to be bad!

looking at a poster in front of me.......

Beam me up Scotty

connovar

Twist my words...

Post#55 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:54 pm

"Kindly transport me in a vertical direction into the space venturing vessel in which you are currently residing in, Mr Scotty"

Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#56 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:06 pm

Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today
Plan like an immortal; act like it's the end of the world.

"Beneath the mountain's arm within the Wizard's Vale through years uncounted had stood that ancient place that Men called Isengard." - from TTT
'Share and enjoy'

Vee

Twist my words...

Post#57 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:51 am

"Beneath the mountain's arm within the Wizard's Vale through years uncounted had stood that ancient place that Men called Isengard."

And here we have Mr Saruman's charming residence with both mountain and valley views from all windows and all the charm one normally associates with such an historical building and just wait until you see what he has done with the interior....

He thought of all the things he kept in his own pockets: fishbones, goblins' teeth, wet shells, a bit of bat-wing, a sharp stone to sharpen his fangs on, and other nasty things.
Gollum, The Hobbit.

laurelindhe ilmarin

Twist my words...

Post#58 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:44 am

He has the same things in his pockets as my mother-in-law?

Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers. Ha!

Vee

Twist my words...

Post#59 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:04 am

The chap over there, named Pierre by the French, and who plays a small piped wind instrument collected a bag of capsicums preserved in a vinegar solution. Ho ho!

We will burn like heathen kings before ever a ship sailed hither from the West.
Denethor, The Siege of Gondor, RotK

loni

Twist my words...

Post#60 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:46 pm

We shall roast in a most undignified fashion prior to any floating devices used to transport people and goods across the big blue wet thing coming from the direction which is the opposite to East.

Hello!!!!! (Let's see how long you can twist THAT one!!!)

Return to “The Ivy Bush”