Twist my words...

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#651 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:23 pm

Of course you have a stomach-ache! Why weren't you listening all those umpteen times when I warned you that female siblings are hazardous to the digestive tract unless stewed with potaotes, onions, and carrots and garnished with endive. They are never, I say never, to be eaten raw!

Adventuring through the Tomb of Kel-Garas is pretty straight forward unless you are a paladin. in which case you might end up encountering a few undead monks who can be quite a challenge unless you also find the enchanted longsword Holy Avenger.
'Share and enjoy'

terrijayne

Twist my words...

Post#652 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:25 pm

Enter at your own risk.

Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear.

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#653 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:50 pm

'Mirror, mirror on the wall, which's the nearest car of all?' :elfbiggrin:

(Sorry I had to bend the rules and copy one of the major words, but I couldn't pass up Snow White's Wicked Queen's line; though the picture in my mind's eye was Cruella De Vil trying to park her rather lengthy coupe-de-ville.

Without a substantial new funder, we cannot keep paying our bills.
'Share and enjoy'

Celebrian

Twist my words...

Post#654 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:48 pm

Without a rich sponsor, bankruptcy is in the future.

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#655 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:36 pm

"A while ago there was a young man dwelling in a great and goodly city by the sea which had to name Langton on Holm." - the opening sentence of William Morris's 1894 The Wood Beyond the World
'Share and enjoy'

Thorin Oakenshield

Twist my words...

Post#656 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:03 am

Once upon a time there was a man who lived in a city which has now disappeared.

Unauthorised duplication is a violation of applicable laws
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#657 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Copying this material is not allowed and if we catch that you have so done, you will be hauled before a judge and the book will be thrown at you.

This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Part of the documentation that came with a new battery back up surge protector.
'Share and enjoy'

Thorin Oakenshield

Twist my words...

Post#658 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:26 am

Your appliance does not have any priority. So just shut up and accept any interference you receive from anything. Your complaining about it will change nothing.

Also available on cassette and CD from Harper Collins Audio Books
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#659 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:20 pm

I wrote a pithy response to the above, but the spell checker ate it maybe because I don't remember how to enable JavaScript in IE on this new computer and I haven't yet decided if I am going to download Mozilla's Firefox to replace IE like I did on my eight year old Dell.

Meanwhile, maybe I will get back to this tomorrow; I'm just about burned out today.
'Share and enjoy'

grondmaster

Twist my words...

Post#660 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:21 pm

And for the illiterate or those who desire being read to while commuting, washing dishes, or falling asleep, we offer books on disk and tape.

'Although he composed in many musical genres, Vivaldi truly redefined the concerto and made it distinctly his own.' - from the blurb on the back of the Dover publication of Antonio Vivaldi's L'Estro armonico Opus 3, in Full Score.
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”