Room 101

Room 101

Post#1 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:14 am

The room from Orwell's novel which contains your greatest fear! Or a BBC TV show in which famous people nominate things/people/places etc to go into Room 101.

Nominate 3 things you would like to put into Room 101 - you can agree or disagree with whatever is nominated by anyone else. You can choose things from the real world or from Tolkien's world.

My first 3 things are......

1. People who spit on the pavements or in public - shudder!

2. People who deliver things to your home before 8am, expect you to be up and about and then don't wait long enough for you to wake up and answer the door... they leave cards telling you Ha Ha! Tough! Missed me!

3. Remote controls - they hang around in gangs on coffee tables and refuse to work when you want them to.

laurelindhe ilmarin

Room 101

Post#2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:04 am

I tend to agree heartily with your nominations! Dumb old delivery people! Down with remotes(wait, that's not a good idea-then I'd have to get up!:( ).

Three things to nominate for Room 101:

1.The bank that owns the loan to my vehicle-they call my house asking for my payment after I am THREE DAYS late, sometimes as much as five times a day!
2.My mother-in-law:she once tried to kidnap my daughter and tried to sue me for calling her the unsavory B-word(apparently that is slander. In her case, it's gospel truth!). Needless to say we don't speak. My husband does not even speak to his own mother as a result...I think the whole thing is very sad...
3.The dumb old neighbor, who thinks it is alright to mow his lawn at seven o'clock in the morning on a Saturday and run his buzzsaw at eleven o'clock at night on a weeknight! Same neighbor once yelled at my husband for not having the canopy of the tree in the front yard be above six feet.

That's better. Thanks Vee.
Can I come back in here in a minute and use three other examples?:)

Room 101

Post#3 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:15 am

1. PJ
2. the entire LOTR cast
3. the "who's next?" thread
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Room 101

Post#4 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:15 am

Can I come back in here in a minute and use three other examples?

Of course you can!

arwen evenstar

Room 101

Post#5 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:30 am

Here's my three at the moment:
1. my piano teacher who spent my entire lesson telling me how he's going to build a house out of plastic blocks as soon as he sells his old house.
2.ppl like my grandma who have UFO's (unidentified floating objects) in their food storage from at least three decades ago and still use them, like my grandma's carrots from 1972 she used at Thanksgiving last year
3. Rain and snow nonstop for almost 4 days now.

shaya puma

Room 101

Post#6 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:03 pm

This string is going to fill up fast, I can tell.

1. Motorcycles
2. The tourism industry. I can't hate tourists: they're just people and reasonably nice ones, by and large. But the civic/business community that guts what was once a community and replaces it with a marketable, uh, thing.
3. Intellectuals who have finally got it all figured out for us and can and do tell us exactly what and how to think and act.

Yeah, I think I may end up coming back with three more things. Everybody likes to gripe. I sure do, and I should because I'm the only person I've met who's right about everything. I've never disagreed with anything I've said.

Room 101

Post#7 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:21 pm

Hmm lets see if i can come up with something good.

1.people who smoke and drink a lot
2.the whole school staff, for being INCREDIBLY dumb and tottaly disrespectfull of the students
3.MATH. i propose it to be baned. Well....most of it. At least the stuff im studying now in school cause it has no usefullness AT ALL whatsoever......

Ill try and come up with something beside school next time....

Room 101

Post#8 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:00 pm

1) Commercials louder than the program they sponsor.
2) Music playing in stores.
3) Busses that can switch traffic lights. (It is great that emergancy vehicles can do this, but nobody else should be allowed this control.)
'Share and enjoy'

Túrin Turambar

Room 101

Post#9 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:34 pm

1)Working for U-Haul
2)U-Haul's regulations
3)U-Haul customers

laurelindhe ilmarin

Room 101

Post#10 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:33 pm

You have no love for the orange, Turin? Only kidding, but how else would all of suburbia move without U-haul unless we wanted our stuff broken by movers, which brings me to my nominations for Room 101:
1.Moving people that loaf around more than the friends that came to help you move, but really only want food and drink. And moving people who break all of your things because they are careless oafs. So moving people in general!
2. Jay Leno, for stealing David Letterman's shot at becoming Johnny Carson's successor at hosting The Tonight Show. I am aware that this happened over ten years ago, but I can hold a grudge for a long time...
3.Anyone who can not appreciate the inherent right of every person alive to be respected as being unique and special and to be treated with dignity and kindness.

Return to “The Ivy Bush”