stupid stories

aragorn_jr

stupid stories

Post#1 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:23 am

any stupid stories to share? because ive got some!!!

deathmc

stupid stories

Post#2 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:56 am

Don't keep us longer in suspence. Share them...

I unfortunately don't have any stupid stories to share at the moment.

aragorn_jr

stupid stories

Post#3 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:36 am

ok, ill start - everyones got a stupid story to share.

ok. i was living in spain, and i was playing sword-fights with this kid with our books. (i was pretty little lol). and anyway, he ran towards me so i turned around while i was running backwards. when i turned around, there was a massive pole made of cement and with little rocks embedded, and i hit it. it was painful. and there was blood everywhere, and i ended up with an egg that stuck out as far as my nose. Painful. :dead:
But i don't know which was worse, the cuts or the betadine. anteseptic. Its bad, and i still hate the word. but anyway, it hurt and ill never get over it, and now i'm paranoid of poles. :paranoid:

grondmaster

stupid stories

Post#4 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:12 pm

Aw, they're not so bad, why I knew this lady from Warsaw who ... :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

aragorn_jr

stupid stories

Post#5 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:58 pm

aw, come on people. There has to be much more stupid stories than my pole-butting experience. But they don't all have to be about you, just a stupid story you have witnessed or heard about.

PS. If you only heard about it plz say so, so we don't think you're a liar.

valedhelgwath

stupid stories

Post#6 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:02 am

Stupid but true...

In all the time I have worked on boats, I have only witnessed one person fall overboard. Was it so rough he got washed overboard? No.... In actual fact the boat was beached out on a sandbank at the time, and he fell into less than an inch of water.

Rhodry*of*Aberwyn

stupid stories

Post#7 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:46 am

In keeping with the Nautical theme.......I used to own a 21ft trailer sailer. Me and a mate of mine deicided one queens birthday weekend that we were gonna go for a sail in a small bay called parua bay. We didn't get out there till about 4pm, and it was blowing around 60 knots, but, undisturbed by the wind we got out there and had a lot of fun for around an hr, just hooning up and down the bay, huge grins on our faces. *in 60 knots you can imagien the speeds we were doing, well, at least Val will anyway, trust me, down wind it was like we had a rocket attatched to the back of the boat* at one stage we went to tack around to go back up wind and with a *crack* and a *thump* the goose neck that holds the bottom of the main sail to the mast exploded and shattered, falling away leaving the boom loose, which is in turn attatched to the sail, so we had this massive peice of alluminium flapping around. We managed to pull the main-sail down and poke it into the cabin, but then, with only the head-sail, we found it imposible to tack around, it would get so far but then the wind blowing against the side of the hull would blow us back again, by this stage the end of the bay was getting quite close, and it was full of sharp unfriendly looking rocks. we decided*rather belatedly*, to pull the head-sail, crank the motor up and go home. As I pulled the cord on the motor there was another of those *crack* noises which we chose to pretend we didn't hear*by this stage we were getting worriied about those rocks, After the 3rd or 4th pull of the cord, the motor started, I wacked it into gear and .........................nothing.................I reved it and reved it but the boat had no intention of moving. And suddenly I realised what that second *crack* sound was, the motor had broken it's share-pin, I could rev it all night but we wern't going anywhere, except of course, towards those rocks I mentioned earlier. To cut a long story short, I ended up having to jump into the water and guide the boat through the maze or rocks and finally beach us. I then clambered up the hill and knocked on the first house door I came too. Luckily the guy was helpful and gathered up some tools and a nail and come down and replaced the share-pin for us. It was 8pm by the time we got back to the dock and put the boat back on the trailer. And the funny thing was, a few days latter when I went back to clean the boat up, I found about 3 spare share-pins under the engine cowling. Funnily enough, I've never really done much sailing since then, I sold the boat a year or so ago, and it financed my trip to the states.

laurelindhe ilmarin

stupid stories

Post#8 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:07 am

Wow, lucky there wasn't a big storm or anything. I think I would have done the same as you, Rho, and sold the boat...call it superstitious if you like, but I think that may have been a sign from someone that you might not have been meant to have it! A lot of good folk have died at sea...Oops, sorry Val-no harm meant. :angel: You work at sea, so I'll just be quiet now...
Note to self: Take foot out of mouth.

Stupid or strange stories, eh? Okay...

Stupid:
One time when I was travelling from California, where I lived then, to Washington, I stopped in a pretty little town called Seaside in Oregon. I was getting gas at this little rinky-dink station, and I watched this woman get out of her car, pay for her gas inside, come out and fill up her tank or whatever, then proceed to drive off with her entire purse and bag of stuff she purchased on the roof of her car. Talk about preoccupied! I have loads more stupid things I could tell you all...but...

Strange: What kind of strange things? Like ghostly stuff or odd people stories or what? How long can we write, because I've had a lot of strange stuff happen in my life, and I have known some VERY strange people? Some of the stuff I have seen is not very family-friendly, so I'll just stick to the good old guidelines, not to worry...But since this is not my thread, Mr. Thread Owner, Sir, is there any restrictions on length here?

maydmarion

stupid stories

Post#9 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:05 pm

I had just started my first grown up job after leaving school. I was working in an office of an engineering company. I had to go into the factory warehouse where all the lads worked. I walked in where I received wolf whistles etc.. I tried to look as though I was used to this (which I wasn't and was really chuffed but didn't want to show it) and carried on with what I had been sent to do. I walked out of the warehouse only to find I had walked into a cupboard. I had to walk red faced out of the cupboeard and try and find the correct door. I was so embarrased I still get red thinking about it. ;)

aragorn_jr

stupid stories

Post#10 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:37 pm

But since this is not my thread, Mr. Thread Owner, Sir, is there any restrictions on length here?

No, there is no restrictions, but please try not to make it massive but anyway, we want to hear them.
Mr. Thread Owner, Sir,

You can refer to me as 'AJ' if you want. I'm sure it's easier for everyone and it suits me fine. Thanks everyone for sharing their misfortunate events. And thanks you also for keeping it family-friendly

Return to “The Ivy Bush”