Favourite Books

aragorn_jr

Favourite Books

Post#1 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:36 pm

put your favourite books and discription of them here, so others will read it
(One book per post for less confusion.)
and then you can comment on them later on, after you have read them or if you already have.

laurelindhe ilmarin

Favourite Books

Post#2 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:42 pm

One of my very favorite novels is On the Road by Jack Kerouac. It was written in first-person during the "beatnik" period of the late 1950's-early 1960's and the content is a little mature for younger readers. However, it is not only believable and clever, it is timeless in its appeal and the characters are memorably unique. If you are into "slice of life"-type books, try this one on for size...but watch out, you may find yourself saying "Yassss" a lot...
(Dean Moriarty lives!)

loni

Favourite Books

Post#3 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:44 pm

WEll... I like TLOTr. SURPRISE SURPRISE!!! I guess you mean other than the Tolkien books.

I like Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the OPera . I like PRide and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I like The Scarlet PImpernel a little. The movie is way better. I guess that's the extent of all my non-Tolkien favourites.

I am soooo sad.

maydmarion

Favourite Books

Post#4 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:09 pm

Hello :o)

I'm reading 'There And Back Again' an actor's tale by Sean Astin. It does give a good insight as to how Sean got involved in LOTR (and his past involvement in other films) but he comes across as being very insecure but a very nice person. I think there is a similarity between Sean and Sam.

It's very good so far...

When I finish I'll get back to you.

Maydmarion >^..^<

aragorn_jr

Favourite Books

Post#5 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:10 pm

my favourite book other than Tolkien would be 'The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant The Unbeliever'... long name, huh. but a very good book, more mature reading than LOTR but it earns S.D. the right to be shoulder2shoulder with Tolkien. there is also a second chronicles and each chronicles has three books. A lot of reading.
I am a fast reader and I am am almost finished the last book of the second chronicles. (around 3000 pages i think, i don't know.)

adreia

Favourite Books

Post#6 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:14 pm

That's some good reading, Aragorn Jr! Perhaps sometime I'll get around to it myself. I adore the book [u]Eragon[/u] by Christopher Paolini. It's such a great book, I recommend it to a reader of any age! Well, it's graphic in the violence sometimes, so more mature readers =)

aragorn_jr

Favourite Books

Post#7 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:17 pm

I have read ERAGON!! i love that book, and i have read it like two times. It is kind of graphical, but i still like it, (first time I read it i was about 13 and i am now 14). did you know that the second book is coming out soon this year? Thanks for posting that, Adreia. i can't wait for it...

loni

Favourite Books

Post#8 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:24 pm

Oh dear, fantasy fans.

Me no like fantasy books.

LostandAlone

Favourite Books

Post#9 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:45 pm

Les Miserables is one of my favorite books, and I am dead serious.

adreia

Favourite Books

Post#10 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:49 pm

Ah yes, the second book! I can't wait for it to come out! And it's no problem posting it. I've read it once, and am going to again. (First time is also 13 lol...still am >>; ) I'm sure it will be as good as the first

Return to “The Ivy Bush”