Where and why

celebriannenharma

Where and why

Post#51 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:33 am

I'd choose walking in the forest of Lothlorien, where I hear a faint sound of a trickling stream...

Lothlorien is the most beautiful place imaginable! And it'd be nice and quiet, with the stream trickling and the birds tweeting, and just nature-y sounds happening everywhere... aw...
Anyway...

1. Being under the rule of Sauron...
OR
2. Being under the rule or Saruman...

Which and Why?

Lemaly Orangeflower

Where and why

Post#52 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:14 pm

How about neither...because they're both big dummy heads! :hahaha:

1) Wandering around the Old Forest with Merry, Pippin, Sam and Frodo

OR!

2) Wandering through the Dead Marshes with Frodo, Sam and Gollum...

Where and why?

Morambar

Where and why

Post#53 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:48 pm

Soooo Old Forest 'cos a) trees, b) Bombadil, and c) Dagorlad is my absolute least favorite part of the Trilogy. Flashing back a bit, Glorfindel and Frodo, 'cos I couldn't resist a chance to meet Glorfindel and establish once and for all he really is the same Glorfindel (and besides, he could tell everything I'm dying to know about Gondolin, my favorite place in Middle-Earth,) and as for the two forests, well, who could resist Luthien? Moving on...

At the first blossoming of the Two Trees (you get seven hours) or with Earendil when he arrives at Tol Eressea and goes to plead his case before the Valar?

miruvor

Where and why

Post#54 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:57 pm

With the Valar when Eärendil comes marching in... i think it'd be hilarious to see all Valar gazing at him with open mouths, safe of course Ulmo, who'd be chuckling, and Mandos, who'd just be nodding his head and write it down in his notebook.

Under Morgoth's throne with Beren or in a Dol Guldur dungeon with Thrain ?

dwarflord

Where and why

Post#55 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:03 pm

Definetely Dol Guldur. Places in Middle Earth, that are not exactly described by Tolkien always fascinate me. And to think that it was Sauron's all along, right on Galadriel's doorstep...(I hope Gandalf would come quickly enough to save me)

1. Travelling in the Misty Mountains with some Hobbits, after the War of the Ring, trying to find Gollum's hiding place, his little island in that dark pool.

OR

2. Attempting to recolonize Moria, after the War of the Ring, with a bunch of sturdy Dwarves, taking care of the last of the Orcs that lingered there.

Where and why

Etharion

Where and why

Post#56 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:57 pm

Now thats a tough one allright!! Hmmm...let me see now... I wouldnt mind a little adventure in the Misty Mountains with a couple of fun hobbits, and i cant say no to crushing orcs with a bunch of me best pals, the sons of Durin!! But ill chose.... Moria.

1.Runing with Frodo and Sam through Shelobs tunnels

OR

2. With Beren and Luthien breaking into Angband to steal Morgoths Silmarill.

Where and why?

ithil

Where and why

Post#57 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:26 am

definitely the second one, I'm terribly afraid of spiders... :superscared: and sneaking through angband with beren and luthien is certainly very exciting.

1. at the field of cormallen celebrating the victory over sauron

or

2. scouring the shire together with the hobbitses

where and why??

mellon

Where and why

Post#58 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:10 am

1. Celebrating the victory over Sauron, who wouldnt ? It must have been a very special feeling to finally win over the bad source.

! 1.Beeing with Telchar (the great dwarf ) when he made Narsil for Elendil or

2. Beeing with the elfes when they remaid it as Anduril for Ellesar
Where and Why ?

dwarflord

Where and why

Post#59 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:32 pm

Very nice, Mellon :)

I choose being with Telchar, in the Blue Mountains, in the deeps of the First Age, while he forges Narsil. Maybe i coud get a peek on his other works...Angrist and the Dragon-helm of Dor-lomin.
It would be more exciting being there, much earlier than the reforging of Narsil into Anduril (a deed worthy of seeing too).

1. Accompanying Hobbits during their migration across the Misty Mountains, sometime in the beginning of the Third Age.
OR
2. Departing with Eorl The Young to the aid of Gondor in 2510 TA.

Where and Why?

Rivendellelf1977

Where and why

Post#60 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:44 pm

the first one because a dragon such as Smaug might just decide to eat me. but if i was with Gollum, then i would have a better chance to get away. also i like riddles! :)

In barad-dur with Sauron
or
In orthanc with Saruman
Where and Why?

Return to “The Ivy Bush”