What's the question

mungo

What's the question

Post#151 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:35 pm

Okay I have no idea about a question for the previous answer. I have looked all over the place and I just can't find what that particular phrase is for.

I do have a comment however on a previous answer & question:
"A.elros"
"Q: Who is/was the father of Arwen?"
"No, the previous question should have read, 'Who was the great, great, great, ... great, great-uncle of Arwen?'"

I think you're both wrong (sorry grondy but I'm going to disagree with you).
Elrond is the father of Arwen. Elrose is brother to Elrond. Elrose is therefore uncle to Arwen. No?
Elrose is also great great... great grandfather to Aragorn so maybe he could also be great great... great uncle in law to Arwen.

Bambur

What's the question

Post#152 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:30 am

very clevar Mungo i must say

mungo

What's the question

Post#153 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Perhaps, but not clever enough to find a question for Grody's answer:

A: Laer cú Beleg

grondmaster

What's the question

Post#154 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:59 pm

Yep, as Mungo pointed out I was being a smart-alec and got hoisted upon me own pitard. :orcgin:

A: Laer cú Beleg

Hint: Sung by a hero who couldn't stay out of trouble, or as the dragon said, this guy lived in interesting times.
'Share and enjoy'

mungo

What's the question

Post#155 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:40 pm

Q: What is the name of the song created by Túrin for Beren after Túrin recovers from his madness by drinking the waters of the Eithel Irvin, and before he receives the sword Anglachel from Gwindor?

A: Erebor

grondmaster

What's the question

Post#156 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:23 pm

Correct question Mungo, except Turin's lament was for Beleg Cúthalion rather than Beren. 'Laer Cú Beleg' is also the 'Song of the Great Bow'. And Mungo's answer remains:

A: Erebor
'Share and enjoy'

Morambar

What's the question

Post#157 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:25 pm

Where is Orcrist?

A: Ancalagon the Black

grondmaster

What's the question

Post#158 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:18 pm

Q: Who was the meanest, most ferocious, greatest of the Dragons, who got himself deaded by Earendil in the Great Battle, the War of Wrath.

A: Narquelië
'Share and enjoy'

Morambar

What's the question

Post#159 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:46 pm

Now, based on canon, do we know Ancalagon was nastier than Glaurung, or was he merely the greatest of the FLYING dragons?

grondmaster

What's the question

Post#160 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:14 pm

Ancalagon the Black was the greatest of the flying dragons per The Silmarillion. I think compared to him Smaug was a pussy cat. :cat:

I don't know if we can compare the relative strengths between Ancalagon and Glaurung. You may want to start a thread under The Silmarillion or Characters for this.

And the answer remains: A: Narquelië
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”