wise words...

ithil

wise words...

Post#1 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:55 pm

I didn't quite know where to put this, so feel free to put it somewhere else if it fits better there...

all of us know tons of wise sayings and I'd like you to share them so that all PT-members get a little wiser as they are strolling through the threads... this ought to become a funny thread with freaky sayings that turn out to be true at second sight, so share your crazy thoughts...

a first advice: [u]don’t take life too serious – you won’t get out of it alive![/u] ;)

eruwen

wise words...

Post#2 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:53 pm

"Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction." :teacher: -- Alice in Wonderland

fingolfin

wise words...

Post#3 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:49 pm

"Destiny is not a matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for. It is a thing to be achieved"- William Jennings Bryan

dont believe in fate, make your own life!

Lemaly Orangeflower

wise words...

Post#4 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:26 pm

[u]Time is the most important thing I've ever wasted[/u]
-by Me.

I came up with that one when in high school and finally realizing how much of my life was flying by while I was sitting on my butt not accomplishing anything. It's a good one.

grondmaster

wise words...

Post#5 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:23 pm

"The older I get, the better I was." I don't know who first coined this expression, but I certainly resemble it. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

miruvor

wise words...

Post#6 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:13 pm

"Don't step on a landmine" - Sgt. Wilkinson

turin

wise words...

Post#7 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:39 am

"The internet will consume us all!!!" - my neihbour (whateva, i cant spell gimme a brake (fluid)) shortly before he was allegidlly biten by his pc

ithil

wise words...

Post#8 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:11 am

hey, I like them. go on like that.

Sometimes, making the wrong choice is better than making no choice.

Princess_Lùthien

wise words...

Post#9 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:50 pm

I am a collector of quotes myself, and right now I have 12 pages of them on my computer. I will not post them all, but if you would like me to e-mail you the ones that I have you can do so by e-mailing me at critterkeeper3000@hotmal.com. I will leave you with a few of my favorites.
“Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire.”
"The ugliest truth, in the end, was still better than the prettiest of lies."
“In the greatest moments of our lives we are and always will be, alone.”
"Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them."
“Loving someone is giving them the ability to destroy you, and trusting them not to.”
“It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.”
"Love is like a war, easy to begin, hard to end."

Those are just a few of my favorites, especially because they are annoymous. I will leave you now, as I am very tired and desire sleep...

grondmaster

wise words...

Post#10 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:15 pm

'Begin at the beginning, and then go 'til you come to the end; then stop'. - Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures In Wonderland
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”