turgon anwamane

Who and Why

Post#101 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:05 pm

turgon cause then I could meet Túrin

Merry or pippin

lord_aragorn86

Who and Why

Post#102 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:53 am

Didn't Turgon meet Tuor? As far as I remember, Turin never came to Gondolin. But hey, its been long since I've read the Sil. Gotta take it up again.

Oh, I'd be Merry. More fascinated with Rohan.

Elros or Elrond?

I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

Meneldur Elentirmo

Who and Why

Post#103 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:15 pm

Elrond, no question about it. There's just something so deep and mystical with the elves, their connection to Arda, their relationship with the Valar and Maiar, and plus they have all that cool "Elven magic" as the hobbits call it. Oh and the ones we have nowadays make really good cookies (Keebler, LOL) :elfbiggrin:

(BTW, you're right, Túrin never came to Gondolin. Turgon met Húrin and Huor, and later Tuor.)

Manwë or Mandos?

grondmaster

Who and Why

Post#104 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:13 pm

Manwë because he is compassionate and wise; whereas Mandos is inflexible and dispassionate.

The Iron Crown or the Nauglamír: which and why?
'Share and enjoy'

Sian

Who and Why

Post#105 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:41 pm

The Iron Crown. If it were in my possesion it would signify Morgoth's downfall. I like seeing the lone Silmaril shining in the sky each evening and would want it to stay where it is. As far as beauty, however, there's no question that the necklace is the lovlier.

Beleg Strongbow or Samwise Gamgee?

Which and why?

grondmaster

Who and Why

Post#106 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:05 pm

With Beleg Strongbow hunting in Beleriand; however, I'd like this to be prior to when he went searching after Túrin.

I wouldn't want to accompany Sam on Frodo's quest; and Sam's later life was a little too boring for me; though it would be just right for a hobbit. Besides, having not accompanied Sam and Frodo on their quest and thus never bearing the Ring; I wouldn't be entitled to acompany Sam to Valinor near the end of his life; which would be the the only part of his journey that I wouldn't mind taking.

With Tom Bombadil and Goldberry for tea?

or

With the movie Denethor for fish and chips?

Who and Why?
'Share and enjoy'

Túrin Turambar

Who and Why

Post#107 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Tom and Goldberry of course!

Denethor is an old, negative, prude. All he'd do would make me feel depressed.

Aragorn or Túrin

grondmaster

Who and Why

Post#108 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:18 pm

With Aragorn whereever he was rather than with Túrin where and whoever he currently was, for Túrin's life was too depressing and Aragorn was a hero most all the time.

With King Brand and King Dain before the Gate of Erabor during the War of the Ring?

or

With Celeborn and Thranduil at Dol Guldur during the War of the Ring?

Who and Why?
'Share and enjoy'

Sian

Who and Why

Post#109 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:33 pm

I think help would be needed most at Dol Gulder and so would go there.

Who would you rather fight, Smaug or Glaurung?

grondmaster

Who and Why

Post#110 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:00 pm

Well if I could fly using Harry Potter's broomstick, I'd choose Glaurung because that Great Wrym couldn't fly after me; in either case I'd have to wear my asbestos lined jumpsuit and carry a bigger stick or better yet Beleg's bow 'Belthronding' and Bard's 'Black Arrow' or two. :wiggle:

Hoeing weeds on a hot afternoon in Farmer Maggot's garden with his belligerent youngest son

or

Guarding Bree's West-gate with the grumpy gatekeeper on a wet blustery night?
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”