Into the fire!!

elrose

Into the fire!!

Post#1 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:25 pm

if u could throw somee stuff into the fires of Mt. Doom, wot would they be?
mine would be shoes and things that require the use of shoes
feel free to post more than once.

mungo

Into the fire!!

Post#2 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:31 am

Hey, great thread idea. Now we have someplace to vent our frustration at worldly things that bother us.

I'd toss in the entire fashion world. It may clog mount doom for a bit, but it would be worth it. Just think: there would be no one to tell you that you shouldn't wear a brown belt whilst wearing black shoes. No media influence about what is "hip" this season, and to dictate what attractive is. No commercial pressure telling you that there is something wrong with you and that you need to purchase "x" to get with it.

Ahhh.. I'm feeling better just thinking about it; consuming flames.

MelliotSandybanks

Into the fire!!

Post#3 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:50 am

Well, I have to say that I have already thrown stuff into my fire place. It is quite therapeutic. There was a person that I would have thrown in, but I just burned the stuffed animal she gave me instead. Now I just toss in any papers that can be recycled. (I am not sure our city does a good job recycling). Hmmmm, what would be some thing good to throw into Mt. Doom, these days....I guess it would have to be all the bad feelings people harbor for one another (including my own) and all of the prejudice in the world. On this day of Thanksgiving here in the U.S. we need to all realize what we have for which we are thankful.

Mellie

grondmaster

Into the fire!!

Post#4 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:54 pm

Hey Elrose, you ought to live in the left ear of the fifty mile high Arthur Dent statue. I couldn't find which of Douglas Adams' books this was in, but I remember it from the BBC radio play of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Anyway, those birds were also allergic to shoes, though their sense of domestic hygine left something to be desired.

I'd toss into Orodruin all the advertisments I receive as snail mail spam, as well as that stuffed in the center of my morning newspaper that must be thrown away before I can read the daily news.
'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

Into the fire!!

Post#5 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:07 am

I'd toss in all the mail I still receive for the previous occupant of the house where I live. After three years, he's still getting more mail than me. I'd toss on top all of the old Yellow Pages telephone directories that people are using to ring me up for the fences he used to build.

gwaihir

Into the fire!!

Post#6 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:12 am

I'd toss all tea leaves in the world, and then make a statue of a coffee bean where the white tree is!

maydmarion

Into the fire!!

Post#7 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:24 pm

Let me see.....All the spam e-mails, phone calls etc........all spam even the spam in tins.

If I want a holiday to Mars or a bank account in Tim-buck-two I'll decide to look for it.

elrose

Into the fire!!

Post#8 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:27 pm

u dont like SPAM????? the spam in cans, trhatswhy its all caps..

grondmaster

Into the fire!!

Post#9 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:18 pm

I usually have Spam in the can about once a year. I slice it about 1/8 inch thick and fry the heck out of it. I like the taste of the carcinogens. Spreading it with orange marmalade before eating, makes it even better.
'Share and enjoy'

elrose

Into the fire!!

Post#10 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:06 pm

eggs spam, bacon, spam spam with bacon? or spam with spam on eggs with spam?

Return to “The Ivy Bush”