My Avatar

D-Rob

My Avatar

Post#1 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 pm

I have the only animated avatar on this site, or at least that I've seen. It's awesome. I was going to have a different one but it was 8.23kb, just slightly too big.

gandalf-olorin

My Avatar

Post#2 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:29 pm

But who are you? Niether this thread nor your journal contain your nick. Give us a chance to comment/message, etc. by supplying your name!

cloveress

My Avatar

Post#3 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:40 am

Yes, Mr. Noname, I've also noticed your special avatar. Is it supposed to be Hedwig?

Amarië

My Avatar

Post#4 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:20 am

Well, with 35 posts I assume you have been here for a few days, (enter name here), so you should check your e-mail (the one you signed up with) for an e-mail from planet-tolkien.com and reply as soon as you can. Or e-mail Grep/Ant at ant@planet-tolkien.com and say what username you want. :)

We suddenly found a few no-names, but we don't know why the names are gone. Computers...
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

miruvor

My Avatar

Post#5 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:49 am

Peculiar avatar. Is it a flying Furby ?

D-Rob

My Avatar

Post#6 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:56 pm

Just so eveyone knows, this is D-Rob. My username has been changed to " ". Beets me as to why. And as far as my avatar is concerned, it's and animated owl from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. It is most definately not a flying furby or Hedwig (I do not like Harry Potter. I don't hate him, but I don't like him). If you find an animated image that is close to 8kb that you want as your avatar, reduce the colors or resize it using www.gifworks.com and you may get it to fit.

Grep

My Avatar

Post#7 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:17 am

D-Rob, Well done, you helped fix the missing username problem - A while back i wrote some code into the user profile (http://www.planet-tolkien.com/update_profile/) that would allow users to change their username and e-mail, when i updated the live site with the code i removed the ability to change the username from the web page itself but not the update profile process. Recently when somone changed their profile, there being no username shown on screen the update file simly erased the username.

I've fixed it now - to get your username back go to update profile and write in your username and you're away.

D-Rob

My Avatar

Post#8 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:14 pm

Hopefully, people will begin to use animated avatars, not that they are better, but they definately give you more character. I like the avatar Grep! And thanks for fixing the problem with usernames.

Grep

My Avatar

Post#9 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:23 am

Don't thank me! It was my fault in the first place!

Ereinion

My Avatar

Post#10 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:59 am

Hi, im pretty new here and i wonder how i can have a Avatar
I tried it before i had 3kb,gif file,70x70 but it didn`t worked
does someone know why?

Return to “The Ivy Bush”