My Avatar

Gildor Inglorion

My Avatar

Post#51 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:40 am

Sure, you can send any image to me as long as you specify what I gotta do with it.

rafael

My Avatar

Post#52 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:02 am

I woke up this morning to about a half inch of the nasty white stuff

I guess old Terra is a bit upside down at the moment. Living in Norway, we are supposed to have fun or no-fun in the snow this time of year, but the temperature outside is +13Celsius this morning. So it will be a grey Christmas this year.

Btw I do like your Argonaths, Thorin.

Thorin Oakenshield

My Avatar

Post#53 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:48 am

ok i've sent both to you just try to make them look like the originals.

thanks rafael. what's your's? is it a viking ship?
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

grondmaster

My Avatar

Post#54 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:31 pm

I would guess Rafael's avatar is a swanship, as viking longboats were square rigged and I think those sail-like protrusions are wings.
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

My Avatar

Post#55 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:21 am

That's funny... I've always thought it was a dragon...

mellon

My Avatar

Post#56 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:24 pm

I would guess Rafael's avatar is a swanship, as viking longboats were square rigged and I think those sail-like protrusions are wings.

:funnylaugh: It sure is Grondy and with help from our dear Loss who helped him:)

virumor

My Avatar

Post#57 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:39 pm

Dear Cloveress,

that is not so far besides the point. A viking ship, after all, was named 'drakkar' meaning 'dragonship' by the Vikings.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

cloveress

My Avatar

Post#58 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:01 pm

Oh, well, that's nice to know. Is that why the Vikings had those wierd helmets too?

Loss

My Avatar

Post#59 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:42 am

I traced my family line a while back and it goes to Scotland, around the time the Vikings attacked, then traced to Scandinavia from there, so I'm partially a Viking :orcsmilie: <<<<<< I hereby name this smilie "Eric" :elfbiggrin:

Clover, I read somewhere that they didn't wear the Horned Helmets, if they did, then I'd be glad, gives them a good look........ but we shall have to get Mellon and Raffy in here to settle it; Did Vikings really wear Horned Helmets?

mellon

My Avatar

Post#60 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:15 am

but we shall have to get Mellon and Raffy in here to settle it; Did Vikings really wear Horned Helmets?

Don't forget about Amaríé and the rest of the Scandinavians that are members of the PT...as for me .I'm not sure if the Vikings used helmets at all..Maybe they used some sort of protection on their heads in battles but helmets with horns ?????????? I don't think so...

Return to “The Ivy Bush”