LOTR Computer games

Ereinion

LOTR Computer games

Post#1 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:21 am

I wanted to make a little discussion on LOTR based games, or if you play one which one?
I play Battle for Middle-earth 2 and the expansion, Do you?

grondmaster

LOTR Computer games

Post#2 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 pm

I ignored the games based on the movies when they first came out, and finally asked for and received the FotR and the RotK games last Christmas, but could get neither of them running on my WIN 98 computor and could no longer find any online support for them. So that was a big bust.

I have a couple text based games for my Commodore 64 on for The Hobbit and another for the Fellowship; and also a war strategy LotR game. I never completed any of these.

'Share and enjoy'

Ereinion

LOTR Computer games

Post#3 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:54 am

The strategy games are kinda tough to finish, especially if you are evil :)

virumor

LOTR Computer games

Post#4 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:27 am

Playing with evil is pretty easy if you use the following cheat: hit 'Enter' and type 'M3lk0r Rul3zzz!!!!'.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

grondmaster

LOTR Computer games

Post#5 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:21 pm

My grandson messed with my computer and finally was able to get the 'LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring. movie game to run Sunday and I have started playing it. I've just encountered the first Ringwraith at Gaffer Gamgee's and have yet to successfully run away from it.
'Share and enjoy'

Gimli_man43

LOTR Computer games

Post#6 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:52 pm

I own LotR: Battle for Middle-Earth 2 and LotR: The Third Age. Both are extremely good games. I especially like the parts in the Third Age where it ties into the book/movie. Battle for Middle-Earth 2 is a fun game too, especially the War of the Ring minigame thingy. I am a fan of RTS games (Real-time Strategy. Battle for Middle-Earth 1&2 are examples.) :D
I am very pleased with both games!

grondmaster

LOTR Computer games

Post#7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:22 pm

I have somewhere the old Lord of the Rings strategy type computer game for the Commodore 64; though I never played it much. I decided I didn't like strategy war games. I also have both The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings text and graphic games by Wessely-Addison for the C=64 they are like the old Zork text games, but have almost full screen static pictures while you are texting. I was never able to get Bilbo to Lake Town or Frodo past Rivendell.
'Share and enjoy'

arath

LOTR Computer games

Post#8 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:15 am

i had a good lord of the rings game on my old working machine but after it crashed it doesn't work anymore... i made the game myself and i liked it alot... a shame it was corrupted...
i don't really like the newer games that have come out.. im one of the older rpg players :)

grondmaster

LOTR Computer games

Post#9 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Marco posted Friday 1st February 2008 (08:52pm)
Does Any 1 play this game and add me as a friend we'll play some time.itll be FUN i love that game though i wish they would have put more effort in it like umm...... if your playing elfs i wish u could be playin just lorien forces or mirkwood forces or rivendell forces not all put together. u know Same for men. u eather play rohans armies or gondors armies and u would be able to call for reinforcements from rohan if u were gondor u know! :oneeye:
'Share and enjoy'

Marco

LOTR Computer games

Post#10 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:57 pm

i play battle for middle earrth two any one want to play sometime?!!!!! :dunce:

Return to “The Ivy Bush”