Farscape CANCELLED!! Please help!!

ProgHead777

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well, efforts are underway to raise funds for a full page ad in USA Today to be run in January, just before the final 11 eps run. The ad will cost about $75,000 but some are confident we can raise it. The current amount raised so far is about $8,800. If worse comes to worst we'll just have to buy a smaller ad. What we have now is enough for a 1/8th page ad.

The Idea here is to bring the show to the attention of a lot of people in a way Sci Fi never did. USA Today has a worldwide circulation of about 5.5 million. There is also a strong possibility of collateral coverage. When other news outlets see the length this shows fans are willing to go to in order to promote it, perhaps they will run an article, blurb or segment, whatever. Several magazines and even CNN have already noticed and done segments. We only need to when over 6 or seven Nielsen veiwers in order to acheive our goal of a 2.0 rating. Hopefully, we'll get better than 2.0.

For those on this board who've noticed, this is the reason I haven't been around very often these days. I'm putting a lot of time into this campaign, in much the same way as I and many of you would for something Tolkien related. (I'm also in the process of setting up and equiping a 120 gallon reef aquarium which, for those in the know, is no small feat). I really feel this is the best show I've ever seen on television and it even compares quite well with some of the best theatrical movies I've ever seen. It has everything a great story should have and more. It's sci fi the way sci fi should be done.

Keep in mind, this is very similar to the type of campaign undertaken by Star Trek fans back in the late sixties when NBC cancelled the show. And look at the result of that.
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

grondmaster

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It was an excellent show the first two years, but it sort of went downhill when Crichton started talking in his mind to the bad guy who got in there somehow. I have watched it seldom this past year. Of course, I've only watched one episode of Enterprise as I forget when it is on and can't be bothered looking. I do like the new show about the space-faring bounty hunters, but doubt it will have legs, the writers will get bored with it. Odesey 5 started out good but seems to have tended towards the X-files and I've become bored with it and anyway, I figure in this parallel universe they were sent back to five years earlier, after they saw our Earth demolished, to keep it from happening, that they will be the actual cause, rather than the aliens. But then, what do I know?

I've got to quit and go to bed, that next to the last sentence was so convoluted that even I can no longer follow it. :blues: Good night all. :fastasleep:
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I love Farscape, the new series (Ummm... I think it's only series 3 or 4 actually) just started over here on normal TV last night, and it was like the first drink after a month on the wagon. Got my fix and I'm feeling a lot better. I can't believe they want to cancel it! Life without Claudia Black in skin tight PVC!?!?!? I think not.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

valedhelgwath

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

you HAVE to love Chiana
Definitely sexy in a cat-like way, but it's Eren Sung that does it for me.... No-messing Peacekeeper that you'd just love to be... oh well I'm dreaming again.
I only caught a bit of it last night... didn't realise it was back on. Unfortunately there's just not enough hours in the day at the moment to get everything done that I want to do. Afraid the TV only gets watched when I'm eating my tea now days.

ProgHead777

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

but it sort of went downhill when Crichton started talking in his mind to the bad guy who got in there somehow.

Scorpius implanted a neurochip in Crichton's head when he had him in the Aurora Chair. When Crichton tried to kill Scorpius in "The Maltese Crichton" it activated some sort of defense thingy or something in the neurochip. From that point on Crichton started having "flashes" of Scorpius. There was even some forshadowing of this in the episode "Crackers Don't Matter". While everyone was losing their minds and trying to kill each other over crackers, Crichton saw a vision of Scorpius in a very loud Hawaiian shirt. Scorpius told him to Kill Aeryn and then they could "go have some pizza and margarita shooters". The whole story didn't come out 'til the ep "Won't Get Fooled Again", about midway through the second season.

Life without Claudia Black in skin tight PVC!?!?!? I think not.

Couldn't have put it better myself. One way to describe Farscape might be "Star Trek with genuine sex appeal :P: ... and genuine teeth". :veryevil:

but it's Eren Sung that does it for me.... No-messing Peacekeeper that you'd just love to be...

I totally agree. Does it mean I'm deranged if I'm attracted to a woman in part because she could easily kick my @$$? Hmmm, must think about that one...

valedhelgwath

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Does it mean I'm deranged if I'm attracted to a woman in part because she could easily kick my @$$? Hmmm, must think about that one...
I was worried about that one too. Whatever would Freud make of it?
Personally, I put it down to the challenge thing... the hunt being better than the catch :)

grondmaster

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Personally, I put it down to the challenge thing... the hunt being better than the catch :)
Sort of like the dog who chased the car: he wouldn't know what to do with it, were he able to catch it? :grin:
'Share and enjoy'

MelliotSandybanks

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ok, I signed the petition.

ProgHead777

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's been brought to my attention elsewhere that Chiana is NOT blue, she is grey. Oh well...who knew?

grondmaster

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah, it was the bald lady who was blue until she died. :elfroleeyes: Now she is probably grey or yellowish green. Yuck!
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Ivy Bush”