Video/computer games

valedhelgwath

Video/computer games

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've just restarted the greatest game ever (Final Fantasy 7).
That one brings back painful memories. I had spent hours playing that game on the playstation using a borrowed disc. I had got all the way through to the final disc, and had been told I was only a short way from the ending. Because it was supposed to be such a collosal last battle, I left the game for a while until I had enough time to really appreciate the ending... Before I ever got there, however, someone's kid pulled the memory card out of the machine one day while it was switched on and lost me all my saves. Talk about gutted... I still cannot look at that young person without thinking, "Grrr... Final Fantasy."

I never had the heart to go back and start again from scratch.

Dark_Duelist

Video/computer games

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

wait...You guys forgot Halo! It is like the best first person shooter ever. I play for hours, but my computer is much to slow to play online.
And Lords of the Realm does anyone here play that?

Ross

Video/computer games

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

In my opinion Wolfenstien 3D is still the best 1st person shoot 'em up. Come on it was the first one ever. Although Project IGI is very good. Halo does look good, but I can't afford to buy an X-Box. Plus it's made by Microshaft so it'll no doubt throw up an error code half way through a game.

Talking about Microshaft I cant play Frontier on my new PC. All because the new versions of windows have got rid of extended memory. Wy change something thats not broken?
Sod off I'm busy!

Peredhil

Video/computer games

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Red Faction 2 and Metro Prime are both better then Halo.
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

Dark_Duelist

Video/computer games

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I sorta though Metroid Prime had a few dull fighting stops, but yeah I can agree with that.

pesi

Video/computer games

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I recently started playing Kingdom Hearts on PS2, it´s a great game altough it might be a little to hard for kids that it´s aimed at, but if you like Final Fantasy and if you like Disney at some point you will like this one, it´s just full of surprises, Example when you meet Squall from Final Fantasy VIII or when you find out that you can summon Simba. It´s a great game that I reccomend for every Final Fantasy fan, at least to rent over a weekend :D
Einn hringur ræður þeim öllum, einn skal hann hina finna, ein skal hann safna þeim öllum og um sinn fjötur spinna.

Darous

Video/computer games

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Best game about at the mo folks and ye can take my word on it and a few others is Planetside.
Its just one big mad freakin war which never ends. Its a online first person war game. Its you and thousnads of other people possibly more and yer just constantly fighting and it rocks.....oh how it rocks.
If any of ye our lucky enough to have broadband and willin' to pay a wee bit of cash each month go for it.
Death to the Vanu nad New Conglomerate. The Terran Republic will prevail.
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

lord_aragorn86

Video/computer games

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well, I am a total Video game freak! Though I do not own the fancy PS's and XBOX's but my good ol' computer is more than enough for satisfying my cravings! I have played lots of games in the past but right mow I m into playing Age of Mythology (awesome game! reminds me of LOTR with all its mythical creatures), Medal of Honor : Allied Assault (gr8 game but sadly enuf I've completed it), Enter the Matrix( love the movie! like the game!). And who cld forget FIFA 2003!(I m an absolute football freak!).
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

virumor

Video/computer games

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

currently i am playing soul reaver : legacy of kain. it really offers some relief to burn, spike and melt vampires.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

valedhelgwath

Video/computer games

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've been playing UFO Aftermath for the past few weeks. I loved the original X-Com UFO Enemy Unknown when it came out on the Amiga years ago. This is pretty much the same game, just loads prettier.

Return to “The Ivy Bush”