Parents

swampfaye

Parents

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My parents haven't paid for their crimes!! I'm paying for it!!! They are always "so happy" and have "money for the first time" Meanwhile I'm raising their teenage sons and bearing all the costs. When I need help, you'd think I'd have two separate bank accounts to call on, but my mom is the only one who responds... My dad just says "checks in the mail"... boy, my mailman must have my same name and be up to his neck with the checks my dad has sent, because I haven't seen a dime. But it's okay because he's "happy". So what if his sons and I are miserable and I have to go to the doctor for anti depressants... he's happy

Do I sound bitter? Of course I do.. I should be able to enjoy my own little brood instead of constantly caring for my brothers and sisters because my parents decided to live as far as possible from each other (and consequently me...).
and u know the thing that really pisses me off? They both married someone exactly like the person they divorced. What's up with that?

PlasticSquirrel

Parents

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My Mum still refuses to accept that I'm an adult, even though I'm nearly 25 now! Apparently I should start acting like one first! :)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

chikakat

Parents

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm an adult when I've done something wrong that I should have known better about...I'm a little kid whenever I want to do anything, go anywhere, whatever. If I take responsibility and do something without first checking with my parents, I'm acting like I'm grown up and know what I'm doing when in fact I'm still a kid. If I don't take responsibility and ask before doing anything, I'm relying too much on them, and I need to grow up. AAAAARRRGGGHHHH.

Boring

Parents

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm sorry, but I can discuss anything with my parents, maybe its because i don't consider me as an adult (i think i never will) and they don't either

chikakat

Parents

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

that's really cool, Boring...you're lucky

swampfaye

Parents

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My parents have always talked to me like I was a friend since I was about 12. I think it may be becasue I'm the oldest. Now that they are divorced and living in seperate places, they ask my advice all the time. I call them to ask them about this and that, because even faye forget what ingredients you need to make a really good Gator Gumbo, but I don't hardly "tell" them my problems anymore because they just use it as fodder with their ex ("She told me she needed this...I know it's all your fault, if you hadn't asked for a divorce.....") and I feel like I'm being tested instead of listened to. I am going to pass a law when I become Queen of the World, that you can not get divorced for any reason. Anyone who wants a divorce will be forced to go on very long vacations in places reminescent of "Castaway" and "Afghanistan". We'll see how selfish you are after that....

PlasticSquirrel

Parents

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Man that's a bad idea for a law. Just have to make sure I never get married.......
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Boring

Parents

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

*gasps of terror* .. ... he.. he... said the "M" word...

When are you to become Queen of the world? can we help? can I have Mururoa?

Allyssa

Parents

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Dear Swapfaye

I don't hardly "tell" them my problems anymore because they just use it as fodder with their ex ("She told me she needed this...I know it's all your fault, if you hadn't asked for a divorce.....") and I feel like I'm being tested instead of listened to. I am going to pass a law when I become Queen of the World, that you can not get divorced for any reason. Anyone who wants a divorce will be forced to go on very long vacations in places reminescent of "Castaway" and "Afghanistan". We'll see how selfish you are after that....

Really sorry to hear about your parent's divorce, but forcing people to stay together is not the solution I'm afraid. Your parents seem to have fallen into the common trap that makes them forget about the real issues since they are both hurting so much. Yes, they are being a little selfish, but they probably don't realise they are. Maybe you should tell them how you feel? It might wake them up!

I don't think forcing them to stay together would help either, since they would both be miserable and would make everyone else in the family miserable too.

Don't be too hard on divorcees. It's not always as simple as telling peole to work it out or else. I'm a divorcee myself. I loved my ex-husband dearly, right up until the day he told me he didn't love me any more and was leaving me. Tell me, what else could I have done? I later found out that he had met someone else (he is living with her now). He also takes my very young children away from me by force, for periods of up to a week. When you become a mother you will understand how that feels, like having your heart squeezed out. I normally come to PT to try to forget my pain. My children's welfare is my obsession and there is nothing I would not do for them, but nothing can mend a marriage broken like mine. I must have shed bucket loads of tears over it all.

So, maybe you could try to be a little more compassionate. Nothing is more painful than marriage break-up, believe me, your parents have paid for their crime in tears and blood. I, and probably they, would do anything to turn back the clock and change it all to spare my children the pain...[Edited on 8/1/2002 by Allyssa]
"May the Angels Guide"

Ungoliant

Parents

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Sorry to hear about everyone's problems with their parents. I had no problems with mine. My mother has always been my best friend, and my dad will always be my hero. They're very supportive, loving, loyal & are fun people to hang out with, and my friends always end up pouring their hearts out to them. I love them to pieces.

Allyssa & swampfaye, hope things get better. At least you have your kids, and hopefully they'll end up being as proud of you as I am of my own parents - if not more. :)
[Edited on 8/1/2002 by Ungoliant]

Return to “The Ivy Bush”