Eyespy in Middle-earth

floyd_n_milan

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#901 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:50 pm

#10 Ephel Brandir??

P.S. Oh my, looks like Vir and I posted nearly at the same time.

virumor

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#902 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:00 pm

I'd like to pass it over to Floyd, as i don't have a map of Beleriand available at the moment, srry.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

floyd_n_milan

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#903 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:02 pm

Actually, I'm still not clear how to exactly post a new one here, so please Grondmaster, can you do it once again? And do we have to post from Beleriland only?

Glorfinel

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#904 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:54 pm

Glorfinel posted on 4/12/2002 at 05:28
At Grondy's kind suggetion I have decided to share a little game I made up that I call Eyespy of Middle Earth.

I'll state the area and the era and the first letter of the person, place or thing that is found within them. And the rest of you get 20 questions that can be answered by 'yes' or 'no' to try to figure it out.

The starter of the game starts it out, checks the email notification block, and says 'Yes' or 'No' after each following guess or narrowing question. The winner has to start the next game.You can be as vague as an age or as specific as a date, as wide as a continent or as narrow as a hobbithole. After twenty narrowing questions or incorrect guesses, the starter gives the correct answer and starts another game. Don't forget to go back to the previous game and uncheck the email notification block so you only receive the notifications for your game.

Thank you Grondmaster for helping me clarify and figure out how to do this.

Oh! People and things move around alot in ME so it is best to think of a place where they have been for a while or use a broad area.

OK, Ready?
Eyespy with my little eye... something that starts with... 'A'
Grondmaster posted on 6/12/2002 at 05:49
(Glorfinel: I think hot, warmer, cooler, or cold can be used to keep us from going off on a dead-ended tangent. It shouldn't be necessary once everyone has learned the strategy of winning.)
and
(See Gang, we have to use our questions to narrow down the range of answers, because we only have twenty questions and if the answer is found in The Silmarillion, there are five pages of "A" words in its index. Once we get the range narrowed down to a specific group of suspects then we can start guessing, else we will run out of guesses before we can figure out which section of the haystack the needle resides, unless someone has a very lucky guess. By narrowing the range of possible answers one can almost always find the answer in twenty questions.)

(This is the game where that famous question, "Is it bigger than a breadbox?" originated. And then there are also the animal? vegetable? or mineral? questions to narrow the field yet further.) Glorfinel: That question about the breadbox was rhetorical, as are these last three they are not a yet a questions in this particular game.)
Grondmaster added 14 November 2004
Your person, place or thing can be anywhere and anytime as long as it can be found on Tolkien's created world and found in his major books. Please only The Hobbit, LotR, and The Silmarillion, as not everyone has acess toUT, H.O.M.E., or his short stories.
Glor... fin... el? Darn... Well, I can accept my flaw with spell check, now... But whacking orcs still makes me feel good! BAM! BAM! BAMBAMBAM!!! Yeah... Take that, Orc-face.

grondmaster

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#905 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:57 pm

I have resurrected and combined the rules for this thread from the pre-move thread into the first post of this thread. See if that helps. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

floyd_n_milan

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#906 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:14 pm

Thank you Grondy. That helped :) . Now, I suppose Vir would like to post the next one?

grondmaster

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#907 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:18 pm

Okay, I'll start another:

AREA: Middle-earth
Eyespy with my little eye... something that starts with... C
'Share and enjoy'

floyd_n_milan

Eyespy in Middle-earth

Post#908 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:51 pm

#1 Is it a place?

grondmaster