Anyone for Riddles?

Andrea

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#102 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

An old man wanted to leave all of his money to one of his three sons, but he didn't know which one he should give it to. He gave each of them a few coins and told them to buy something that would be able to fill their living room. The first man bought straw, but there was not enough to fill the room. The second bought some sticks, but they still did not fill the room. The third man bought two things that filled the room, so he obtained his father's fortune. What were the two things that the man bought?
Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceeds that goal.

grondmaster

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#103 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't know the actual answer, but music, laughter, children's happy voices, and the aroma of flowers, should all be capable of filling a room.

As you can't really buy laughter and shouldn't buy children, maybe he bought a aromatic bouquet of flowers and a musical instrument that he proceeded to play, causing his father and brothers to fill the room with laughter at the simplicity of the task. :elfcool:
'Share and enjoy'

Amarië

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#104 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

What were the two things that the man bought?
Has noone gotten it right yet? Well I'll just share my theory then. I think he bought a candle and a match(box), lit the candle and filled the room with light. And maybe the sticks and straws caught fire so he filled the room with flames too. *hehe*
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

grondmaster

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#105 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Amarië's light is more simplistic than my room filling ideas (I had forgotten the sense of sight); therefore, it should be the correct answer, as the simpler answers are usually best.

Though according to Ockham's Razor, when we are face with two theories which have the same predictions and the available data cannot distinguish between them, then the Razor directs us to study in depth the simplest of the theories. It does not guarantee that the simplest theory will be correct, it merely establishes priorities.

A rule to related Ockham's Razor, which can be used to slice open conspiracy theories, is Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity". :teacher:

:ignore: No Grondy even though it is applicable, you may not talk world politics on this Website. :moderator: nn[Edited on 17/12/2003 by Grondmaster]
'Share and enjoy'

HobbitHomie05

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#106 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:02 pm

I have a riddle, well it's more like a stupid test type of thing:

What does a brown haired butcher who is six feet tall weigh?

HobbitHomie05

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#107 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:39 pm

hehehehehehe

crystle caves

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#108 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:20 pm

I dont rightly care, as long as that butcher's knife isn't aimed for me.

crystle caves

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#109 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:21 pm

Another fan of my twisted humor! Two in one day, I'm on a role!

HobbitHomie05

Anyone for Riddles?

Post#110 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:11 pm

If you want to know the answer just ask!!!

Return to “The Ivy Bush”