What are you´re favourite movies?

negra

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My favourite movies (in no particular order) are, both LOTR, Moulin Rouge, Natural born Killers, Jude, All About My Mother (By Pedro Almodovar), The Lost Boys, The Shining, Metropolis, Brazil, Matrix, Magnolia, A Clockwork Orange, Le Train de la Vie, The Pianist, Cassablanca, Tango Feroz (argentinian movie) and Kenneth Branagh's hamlet. I'm probably forgetting a lot, since I'm a movieadict, but i'll probably remember them later.

negra

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I actually forgot "The Goonies", that is my favourite childhood movie, I just needed to be one of them (for those who saw it, you'll probably recognise Sean astin, who plays Mickey, the main character). I went to eastern island when I was 21 (two years ago) and I finally felt like a goonie wondering those cages... it was simply amazing

chikakat

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I recently saw "The Life Of David Gale," which was really really good, though I hadn't heard of it until my uncle forced it upon me. Very interesting whodunnit sort of movie. Has anyone else seen it?

Celebrian

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

To Ross: If you haven't already bought the Ring, then don't! It is one the worst thriller/horror movies I have ever seen, it's not scary at all. :thumbdown:

As for me, I like Disney movies, just saw Finding Nemo, great film. But I also like other types of movies; Pulp Fiction, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Natural Born Killers and so on. Occasionally a comedy, but it's gotta be really good.

Delidia

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Armageddon, just saw ALL of that movie last night and was bawling my eyes out when Oscar died.

Andrea

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I am defintly skipping Freddy vs Jason,those guys look like they crawled right outta my nightmares.I would not want to start wetting the bed again ;) j/k.

I'm right there with ya! I HATE scary movies! Yesterday I went and saw Underworld only because I was told it was more of an action movie. I liked it, so it wasn't that scary :D
Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceeds that goal.

Ross

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ok i'll take your word on it as you had simular films to my taste's in your list.
Sod off I'm busy!

Airecristiel

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

To Ross: If you haven't already bought the Ring, then don't! It is one the worst thriller/horror movies I have ever seen, it's not scary at all. :thumbdown:

What?? It scared the **** out of me, I couldn't sleep for nights after I'd seen it!!
Another scary movie is The Gift. *shudders* I've always liked those movies with ghosts and when you don't really see what happens but have your own imagination playing with you. My imagination makes the worst horrormovies, believe me!

When it comes to action there is only one movie that rules the rest... Boondock Saints. Nothing beats it.

Science Fiction: gotta say the Arkiv X movies. Talk about special effects! :D

General movies: Pirates of the Caribbean! :D Love it!

Humour: Nothing will ever beat Monty Python. Just one comment: "My brain huuuurtss" ok, so it's from the MPFC, but it still counts :funnylaugh:
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
/Oscar Wilde

Celebrian

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ok i'll take your word on it as you had simular films to my taste's in your list
You have made a wise decision Ross! :)

Aire; I agree with you on MP, they make me laugh, not always, but I like them. And do be careful when you watch horrormovies, you might hurt yourself ;)

Airecristiel

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

And do be careful when you watch horrormovies, you might hurt yourself

Oh, I'm more worried about the ghosts in the movies hurting me. :P:
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

/Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Ivy Bush”