Marvelites

Ross

Marvelites

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I remeber a venom comic as well or was it just spidey but they had venom in the issue corner?

Make mine DC (oh I've got that wrong haven't I)
Sod off I'm busy!

Darous

Marvelites

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The new Spectacular Spidey deal just a new volume same way they did with Wolverine its now at issue 5 again now. Unlike DC Marvel don't let there comics run into the 600 issues or so apart from FF #500 with is a fantastic read and if ya can get the specail edition Plastic you have scripts at the back of it and some drawin's as well and a few wee other surprises.

I'm currently on the hunt for back issues of Paradise X mainly the one offs and specials...its a good series to read if you havent read it already...but before you do check out Earth X and Universe X and even Marvels which has amazing Artwork all based on real people which is cool.
Alloso one ta check out is Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis its a fantastic read and a good laugh check it out.

Don't know if ya have had a look at it yet Plastic the new Marvel comic Trouble. Im not too sure what there doin' with it but there tryin' ta say that Spidey was born outta wedlock. Don't know how this would develop the character we know now. Then theres The Human Torch and Sentinels comic series which are a good wee read.
Well I take a break cause I could go on all day
So make mines Marvel True Believers
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

PlasticSquirrel

Marvelites

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I saw an ad for Trouble, it didn't look that hot, but maybe I'll check it out. One thing I do really want to get though is 1602 which is meant to be out on the 13th of this month, hopefully it won't suck as bad as 2099 did.

I've checked out the Venom thing, and all the others seem to be limited series, which may mean this one is as well, but the title is just Venom, NOT Venom:shiver as it would be with most limited series, so here's hoping it'll go on (though i'm not all that impressed to be honest. Why is everybody drawing mangastylee these days? I don't like it.

Plus the new spectacular should call itself volume 2 really, printing error I suppose, maybe I can get me a no-prize... amazing got to 400 before that changed to vol 2 didn't it? Is FF 500 still easy to get, or am I going to be as annoyed as the new League of Extraordinary gents comics, which dissapear before you can say "Might I have a copy of, oh..."
Anyhow, I'll search it out in a couple of weeks when I next get the bus over to Barnstaple for a little excessive comic buying. Got the new Thing limited series, well #1 anyway, must find the others, it's very good.

So, bring back Macfarlane, and until Frank Castle becomes a pacifist, make mine Marvel.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Darous

Marvelites

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The Thing series is good keep on buyin' Plastic tis a good one. Saw the 1602 myself looks interestin', gonna have ta check it myself. Ye might get FF #500 if ya lucky really depends on how many people want it.
Also got the first issue of Thor The Vikings and it looks great...its one of the first Max comics I have bought so its pretty voilent which is nice lots of heads flying which is always great.
Also got Emma Frost issue 1 and Silver Surfer issue 1 have ta check out preview and see if there a on going series or a mini. EF tells the story of how Emma got her gifts. Artwork is nice and if ya interested in her history go for it.
SS now this one catches my eye...it speaks of a silver alien comin to african tribes and taking away young children.....wont say anymore but it one ta get yer hands on.
And then the big one....and I can't wait for it the JLA and Avengers crossover nuff said and yer gonna have every single member of the two teams makin an apperance.
Also the new Batman story Hush looks sweet with Jim Lee on it..it looks amazing plus Jason Todds is back as well. Yes Jason Todds I don't know how he's back but its gonna be one he*l of a ride findin' out.
So until Wolverine gets a job as a pizza cutter and they actually find a pair of slippers for Galactus make mine marvel.
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

PlasticSquirrel

Marvelites

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've heard bad things about the new SS comic, but I might get it anyway. Have ordered 2 & 3 of the Thing series, and FF #500 (woohoo!)

Max series, I have the complete Howard the Duck from last year, which is d@mn funny, and really very good. Featuring Beverley Switzler in the shower, at long last, all my childhood fantasies come true, heh....

Not ever liked Batman, but I hear you get to find out who Hush is this week, very exciting. I did however find a great site which lets you pre-order all your comics 2 months in advance and not have to leave the house, just what I need. I stopped buying comics years ago cos I stopped going into Barnstaple as often as I used to, and that's the nearest comic shop. However, my gf bought me a couple last year, and now regrets it totally as all my spare cash is going on them again, doh!

JLA meets Avengers I think I'm gonna have to get, used to read both of them when I was a kid, when's it out?
might go buy the mighty Thor and stock up on Spiderman: Blue (even though I know every d@mn story in it) before it skyrockets (the first 2 have already doubled).

So til Danny ketch buys an asbestos helmet, make mine Marvel.

Darous

Marvelites

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well The Thing is a good wee series I'm just waitin for the next few now....
Always liked Batman....I think its because he has no special tricks or powers just a well trained mind and just patience to train.
But my favourite at the mo has to be ol' Frank himself The Punisher....if ya can Plastic get the back issues or probably better the graphic novel Welcome Back Frank by the most excellent team of Garth Ennis & Steve Dillon and that speaks for itself. The story is fantastic and the artwork is just amazing.
Talkin of the Dynamic Duo you have read the amazing Preacher series you must have and if ya havent I command you to go and buy it. If ye only buy a ween of comics by these...it is truly amazing.
So until Charles gets a wig make mine Marvel.

PlasticSquirrel

Marvelites

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Not read the Preacher at all (sorry) will get round to it honest.
The funny thing about your reasons for liking Batman is that they are identical to my reasons for hating him, he's not even a real superhero, just a rich guy with gadgets. Still, not getting into that, it always turns nasty.

I was under the impression that Frank was dead, but then so was Kraven, Jean Grey, Norman Osborne, etc. etc. etc. and they all came back anyway, will go find it.

I've started buying the old stalwart again as well, the amazing spiderman, now i love Straczynsky's writing, but I don't like the way Romita Jr. draws ol' webhead, what's with the weird legs? All skinny in the middle? That ain't Spidey. And my biggest gripe with new Marvel comics, where the heck have the Bullpen Bulletins and letters pages gone? It changes a good half hour's entertainment into about 10 minutes. Not good for my wallet.

Only one more "Night falls on yancy St" to go and then I'm there, only it's not out yet, oh well, not long. D@mn good stuff though.
Wish I could afford to buy everything I'd like to, but I think 20 odd quid a month on comics is enough, possibly too much... (has spent a goodly 3 figure sum on comics in the last week)

So, til Howard gives up the cigars, make mine marvel *WAAAUUUGHH!*

Darous

Marvelites

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Me I spend too much money on them....way to much.
I know wht ya sayin' 'bout Spidey he's all out of perportion he crazy lookin'.
Plus the Bullpen Bulletins and Stan's Soapbox our missed. I know the letters page are still floatin' around X-Static has it thats the only one I have seen.
Now X-Static is strange one I like it the artwork is different but Im gonna see about gettin the graphic novel with the last X-force and then the transformation as such of X-Static.
Know yer not a Batman fan but a related title which is a good read is Arkham Asylum Living Hell. Which is just about the colourful characters of ol' Arkham...
Well gonna head on I have a few new issues to read
So until Beast gets a skinhead make nine Marvel....nuff said

PlasticSquirrel

Marvelites

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Plenty Punisher back issues to choose from, can't find Preacher on my usual web-stockist, still gonna go to town next week and have a look in a REAL shop (how exciting).
Also made a decision to start buying Spawn again, I've missed a good 100 issues, but I reckon I can catch up, after all I've missed a good 15 years of Spidey and I seem to be catching on pretty quick. heh... if Spidey's gonna look dumb, I must have macfarlane somehow.

So til I run out of amusing marvel based quips (or Cable starts using foundation) make mine, erm.... Macfarlane?

Darous

Marvelites

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Its been a while since I read Spawn now that brings back memories might reread some of the back issues. Have JLA/Avengers crossover reserved so I cant wait ta get me hands on it... it will be superb.
Gonna go lookin' for The Punisher war journals plus still lookin' for the Paradise X specials...hopefully I get them soon. Plus one of the comic shop I went to has closed down which is a shame but I suppose he just couldn't compete with the other store.
Well until Mr Fantastic endoarses Stretch Armstrong Make mine Marvel

Return to “The Green Dragon”