The Return of just what exactly are you reading right now?

Allyssa

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm reading "The Lady of the Sorrows" by Cecilia Dart Thornton. You guys really should give this Aussie writer a look... :D
"May the Angels Guide"

grondmaster

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Last night I finished Grahan Greene's 'Our Man in Havana' which was hilarious for a spy novel because the vacuum cleaner salesman, needing money, agreed to become Her Majesties secret agent in pre-Castro Cuba, then proceded to hire non-existant sub-agents using real names to get them vetted, and then faked all his reports. The only problem is the enemy, believing him legit and having intercepted his reports, proceeded to act on them by killing off his agents namesakes. How all this gets turned around is great fun. Not your typical Graham Green or even John LeCarre spy story.

Tonight I will start the third of the five books of Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles, entitled 'The Castle of Llyr'.
'Share and enjoy'

Rincewind

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just started "Dracula" by Bram Stoker and besides I re-read my Pratchetts from first to last. (that keeps me reading a while...).

Ungoliant

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm halfway through a book on corrosion. But that gets boring sometimes so I'm also reading 'The Man Who Loved Only Numbers' - about Paul Erdös, the greatest mathematician of all time. Very interesting.

I'm also re-reading 'Cry, Beloved Country' by Alan Paton, and 'The Life & Times of Chairman Mao'.

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Just finished re-reading Pyramids (Pratchett) and am moving on to Destinys Road (Larry Niven) :D

grondmaster

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Tonight I start 'Soul Music' by T. Pratchett and have ordered the missing five of his novels that came between his 'Guards! Guards!' and his 'Lords & Ladies'.
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Good move Mr Grond. :) I think I'm going to go back to the Hitchhiker's guide again, as I've just been listening to the records/radio series and watching the TV series for too long, and need to remind myself where the books differ.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Ungoliant

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm re-reading 'Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire'. Awww, Vader is such a softie. Love that book.

Just bought 'The Essense of Aikido' - cover looked good. :)

grondmaster

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Mr. P: That's a good move. I find my LOTR memory has been corrupted by my two versions on tape. When I go to the books looking for certain dialog that's been running in my head, I find its missing, never got said that way in the book. Someday the movies will pose the same problem as they slowly burn into the place reserved for the story told in text.
'Share and enjoy'

Ungoliant

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Someday the movies will pose the same problem as they slowly burn into the place reserved for the story told in text.

Aaaurgh! Hope that's not true for FotR, Grondie! But it doesn't matter for the time being as I've just got my grubby hands on:-

A NEW COPY OF LOTR!

:D Hooray! :D

Return to “The Green Dragon”