The Return of just what exactly are you reading right now?

loni

Post#821 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:18 pm

Aw Grondy, ya old softie. I'm reading guess what? TLOTR, for the 13th time. Maybe it's unlucky, it's taking the longest time it's ever took. And I just read Tree and Leaf, which I just got shipped over from England. Not a copy in NZ to be had, according to all the bookstores. And I"m memorising Mythopoeia. It's the coolest poem ever. Apart from the Lay of Leithian, but I've already memorised that. Well, the bit in the Silm. ANd I just finished reading the Homecoming of Beorhtnoth!!! Man, am I angry at King Arthur and Beowulf and Beorhtnoth especially at the moment!!! Useless heroics. Useless. They annoy me.

Túrin Turambar

Post#822 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:16 pm

gimmie a Wilbur Smith book and you won't see me for a few days, i'm just that absorbed into it his writing. His books are an emotional rollercoaster, although no book has ever made tears fall from my eyes, but Wilbur came the closest with them being a little blurred. ;)

Speaking of Wilbur smith, i'm gonna order some of his books online right now!

lord_aragorn86

Post#823 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:47 am

No time for Fear by Alistair Maclean.
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

grondmaster

Post#824 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:16 pm

The Mysterious Ivory Ball of Wong Shing Li by Harry Stephen Keeler. Supposedly a Sci-fi concerening clairvoyance and telepathy and the many dimensions of our existance. As it was written in 1957, it is one of his more modern stories: most his books that I have read come from the twenties, thirties, and forties. I assume this plot will be just as convoluted as his earlier ones.
'Share and enjoy'

Elfstone

Post#825 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:05 pm

I just finished reading a most excellent book by the late Philip K. Dick entitled Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? On man what a great read, one of the best books I’ve read in a longtime!

For those that may not know, DADOES is the book that the film Blade Runner was based on. I can already tell I’m going to have to read it a few more times, because it’s the kind of book (and Dick was the kind of writer) that really messes with your head!

Now that I’m finished with that, I’ll be finishing up Phil Jackson’s book The Last Season. A Team In Search Of It’s Soul as I had started that one a couple of weeks ago and just need to knock out the last 85 pages.
:read:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

eva lilith

Post#826 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:15 am

The Blue Sword, By Robin McKinely
Yay! I'm surprised, Rue. Most people I talk to have never heard of Robin McKinley... You don't like her other things as much, or just haven't read them?
Right now I'm reading The Sil at school and The DS9 (that's Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, for all you non-trekkies) Companion at home, because I can't carry it around as well.

eruwen

Post#827 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:46 pm

I'm reading The Hornblower series by C. S. Forester before classes begin, then it will be 19th century American Gothic novels from there. I love the Hornblower books. They aren't difficult (well, some of the naval terms are a bit confusing), but they are difficult to put down.

pologamgee

Post#828 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:51 pm

The Silmarillion, then I will start re-reading my Daniel Silva (Gabriel Allon/MOSSAD series) Prince of Fire comes out next month.Feb 17,I think

pologamgee

Post#829 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:54 pm

P.S. Mailman just dropped off my new Tolkien Companion by J,E.A Tyler :D

grondmaster

Post#830 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:46 pm

Elfstone: Have you tried Blade Runner II: The Edge of Human by KW Jeter? Not as good as the original, but for those who want more Dekker: beggars mustn't be choosy.

I'm going to reread John Buchan's The Thirty Nine Steps and possibly even his other three Richard Hannay adventure novels.
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Green Dragon”