Just a hypothetical question...

PlasticSquirrel

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

*round of applause* Fantastic, I've been to Carcassonne before, and I wish I'd been able to see it like you did!
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Allyssa

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I for one was certainly NOT going to say my wedding day! Nor, for that matter, would I say the day my kids were born. Birth was not a particularly comfortable experience.

As a youngster, I once spent an entire day reading TLOtRs, without moving except to eat and attend to personal matters. It would have to be the closest one could get to actually living in ME, so I guess I would like to experience that over and over again.
"May the Angels Guide"

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Any day sailing is great :) could do that forever.

grondmaster

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm reminded of one Fourth-of-July in the late fifties I met this friend of a family friend and we got along famously (only a platonic relation ship). I went home with enough happiness that I was able to stretch it out for the rest of the summer with only a few letters to keep it going. We lost track of each other after I went off to university, and when I saw this older woman (about two years older than myself) again at the family friend's wedding, I didn't recognize her. But on that one day in July 1958, I really was filled with warm fuzzy feelings. :)

Kinda lame, huh?
'Share and enjoy'

Eryan

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Not at all, Grondy... VERY moving!
For myself, I cannot decide. I have had so many wonderful days!!!

Jehanne

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Aw, that's really sweet, Grondy!

As for me... the college I went to had a "holiday" called Mountain Day. This was a beautiful autumn day when the President of the college would decide the weather was nice enough and the students were stressed enough, and she would have the chapel bells rung at seven in the morning to tell us there were no classes, and we were all to go off hiking and picking apples and other healthy New England things.

Well, my first year I had a paper to write, my sophomore year my roommate was sick so we stayed home and watched movies, junior year... um... don't remember but nothing exciting, so by senior year we were ready for the full Mountain Day experience. My two best friends (one of them was the sick roommate, so she had earned a fun day too) and I piled into the car, headed off to a local mountain, and thoroughly exhausted ourselves hiking and deer-spotting and looking out over the entire Pioneer Valley (this was the Berkshires, so we're talking stunningly beautiful rolling hills and mountains). We could see all the way to Hartford (we were in Massachusetts, that's in Connecticut, for those less familiar with New England geography). And the roommate-friend is a geologist, so she told us funny geology stories (yes, really) about the Valley.

Then we bought some local apples, cider, cheese and maple fudge at a farm stand, got some fresh bread at the French bakery, picked up some cold chicken at the deli, and had a picnic by the Connecticut River. We threw leaves at each other and took naps on the grass, and when it finally got dark we caught fireflies.

And eventually we went home and did our homework, but it was still one of the best days of my life. Good food, good weather, beautiful countryside and the very best of friends.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You see, I knew I could learn more about you people with just the one little question. Great answers, and not at all lame Grondy, sounds wonderful :)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Huan

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Plastic that is a really terrible and nasty question! What about your best day?!

Want me to be smug - I'll tell you I haven't had my best day yet I wanna have loads more of them. Too easy.... (PS wedding day was a pain in the ass and birtth of my daughter was not cool at all.. thats another story..)

OK - strangely enough great youth memory like Alyssa's - stealing off and reading the Hobbit and FoTR underneath a grove of trees during a hot summer in Ireland;..wow.. didn't realize books could make you trip...spent the rest of the summer trying to speak Elfish to tree trunks....!

Several years later crossing lots of Egyptian desert on foot and swimming naked in the Red Sea - on my own no one around for miles....(lets forget the hunger, heat and the runs!..)

I think (and no being conceited) being a good - what am I saying - a great goal keeper - as an adolescent - and being recognized as a great player by others - thats cool. Even now 20 years later, people talk to me about that. I'm not nostalgic at all, but it makes you feel good.

Like that day, when your scraed stiff, your on stage to deliver a few lines (brechth in my case) and you get over the fear etc and you are good!

The day I stood up to the school bully and told him to f**k himself - that was cool. (got the crap kicked out of me ...)

Recently the day I got my black belt not from winning but by realizing I didn't need to win. that...well thats another story and its an ongoing thing.

Any day when you stand up and realize that courage is what makes the difference; Everyday courage - not heroics - about getting up in the morning anf givinh life the finger and laughing out loud and not taking any sh..t .

Geez sounds so serious.

The day I played 5 a side soccer in a summer tournament by the sea, won and got really badly drunk on plastic bottles of cider - and loved every minute - that was great.

Huan

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Sorry Plastic I just re-read your question. A day I want to relive over and over again.. like Groundhog day (love that movie)

Well would love to relive a really hot, passionate and simply beautiful day when I had a "coup de foudre" between me and a woman I only knew for a week... in Paris...in a hot summer afternoon. Now I would like to relive that day over again.

Don't go PC on me - its not just the hot pants. Its the feeling of blood and chemistry boiling oer so that bodies meet for a while and then .. well whatever. Separate, get lost, forget. Wow she had such beautiful eyes....Sometimes the world just clicks into place for a while...[Edited on 21/2/2002 by Huan]

Ungoliant

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Tough one Plastic, there's either too many or none at all. Anyway, what about yours?

I think I'd probably say about 3 years ago. Another bloke that I had been going out with (with whom I was madly in love with) took me out for drinks, looked miserable and told me that he loved me. It was, at that instance, a terribly happy, bittersweet, and beautiful moment - I had been waiting to hear that for about 5 years. It was, of course, too late - I married someone else a few weeks later.

Men...they sure do strange things to your mind. :)

Return to “The Green Dragon”