LOST

Elfstone

LOST

Post#1 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:57 pm

I know that this question probably just pertains to the American members only here at PT, but I was curious to know if anyone else here has been watching the new ABC series LOST?

I really love the show, and feel that it’s the best thing on TV right now, and easily one of the best new shows to come out in a long, long time! Any thoughts?
:elf:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Amarië

LOST

Post#2 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:47 pm

It will start here soon, when it does I'll let you know what I think. :)
Just don't spoil anything for me, ok?
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Elfstone

LOST

Post#3 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:49 pm

Okay Ama, you have my word, no spoilers! :elfwink:

So take heed gang, if you decide to post in this thread, have consideration for others, and just keep it spoiler free. We’ll save the heavy discussion (and there will be alot) until at least all interested parties’ have had a chance to at least see the entire first season.
:lookar:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

virumor

LOST

Post#4 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:07 pm

LOST? Never heard of it before. But maybe that's because i don't watch TV anyway.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Amarië

LOST

Post#5 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:13 am

Well I have seen a couple of episodes of LOST and I am not really blown away. A bit predictable. Will this episode end with who-ever-is-in-focus-today learns something about him/herself? Wow, it did! And they cure illnesses and stuff a bit too easy. A magical island indeed...

But it is nice show. I will probably be a bit more enthusiastic when the plot starts to thicken and I have learned more about the people and what may or may not be their agenda. :happyelf:

virumor

LOST

Post#6 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:40 am

A bit predictable. Will this episode end with who-ever-is-in-focus-today learns something about him/herself? Wow, it did! And they cure illnesses and stuff a bit too easy. A magical island indeed...

Eh, it isn't Expedition Robinson is it?
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Elfstone

LOST

Post#7 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:26 pm

Well I have seen a couple of episodes of LOST and I am not really blown away. A bit predictable. Will this episode end with who-ever-is-in-focus-today learns something about him/herself? Wow, it did! And they cure illnesses and stuff a bit too easy. A magical island indeed...

But it is nice show. I will probably be a bit more enthusiastic when the plot starts to thicken and I have learned more about the people and what may or may not be their agenda.

Trust me on this one Ama, the more you move deeper into the first season, it starts to get really, really good, and after maybe with the exception of the first few episodes, the show becomes extremely unpredictable. In fact, so far it’s one of the most unpredictable shows I’ve ever seen.

Don’t know how many you’ve seen yet, but each episode gets deeper and deeper, and you start to learn more about the characters, their backgrounds, the circumstances that led to them being on the flight, and of course, more about the Island!
:superscared:

Not sure if I’m remembering this correctly at the moment, but I believe that I read somewhere that there is a total of 24 episodes for the first season (comes out on DVD in Sept.). So far, here in America, ABC has shown I believe around 20 of the episodes, been re-runs the last couple of weeks though.

I’ll be interested to hear your opinion once you get a little bit further along in the first season.
:elf:

aragorn_jr

LOST

Post#8 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:21 pm

Is lost the show with the guy who plays merry in it? cos if it is, I don't watch it, because I prefer to watch DVD's, and I don't think it's on in Queensland anymore, anyway.

Amarië

LOST

Post#9 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:09 pm

I’ll be interested to hear your opinion once you get a little bit further along in the first season.

Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. :)

idrilcuthalien

LOST

Post#10 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:08 pm

O my gosh! LOST is one of my favorite shows. i like it because it keeps you on the edge of your seat. it is a little bit predictable but mysterious at the same time. Dominic Monaghuan is HOT! My favorite characters are probably Charlie, Locke, and Jack. Cant wait till the next new episode!!! ithink that the episode with Hurley's back ground has been the most suspenseful and the freakiest.

Return to “The Green Dragon”