Tiger's First job!

Tiger's First job!

Post#1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:23 am

Yay! I got Hired!!Where I'm Starting! I am Starting to work Full-time starting Monday for McDonald's as a crew person. That's not the good news I have Been Promised to be the restaurant manager in less than a year!!!!! And this is my first ever job so I am REALLY Excited :) Any Advice for not getting nervous and doing well??
Tiger(Who just finished the interview)

P.S Here Is one of their job sites and one of the cool things is that Mcdonald's Will train you for ALL of those jobs on this site

Tiger's First job!

Post#2 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:32 am

Congratulations on your new job!!!! I dont have any good advice for not getting nervous but BE YOURSELF !!! Im sure thats why they hired you !! Good luck!!!

Tiger's First job!

Post#3 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:37 am

Just avoid everything that Paris & Nicole did when they were working in that fastfood-restaurant (oxymoron?) and you'll be fine.

Tiger's First job!

Post#4 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:11 am

It is good to be working these days. But for employment in any fast-food chain, keep these points in mind:

1. Do not believe any promises that you will be a manager unless you know there will be a new store you can relocate to.

2. Do not work OT without fair pay, or less than 40 hrs. while they say you are FT.

3. Do not accept to close up shop at night unless the neighborhood is safe or there is someone big and burley helping you.

4. Do not forget that while they may be able to replace you easily enough, they also can be replaced easily enough.

5. Do not wonder at all the hunger in this country and abroad when you see the food the restaurant wastes.

Tiger's First job!

Post#5 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:11 pm

Just practice saying, "Would you like fries with that, Sir?"

Tiger's First job!

Post#6 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:11 pm

Congratulations, Tiger.
my first job was a student page in the public library. And now I am manager of one of the libraries. But it took a whole lot more than a year.
Good Luck and enjoy!

Tiger's First job!

Post#7 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:58 am

Good for you Tiger! And great that you are looking at how they can train you. Take everything they give. Have pride in your job and do it well.

As for being nervous - smile inside, it gives you confidence.

Tiger's First job!

Post#8 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:37 am

:withstupid: That's good advise.
Congrats, Tiger! I know you will do a good job. :orcthumbs:
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

arwen evenstar

Tiger's First job!

Post#9 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:10 am

TIGER!!!!! *tacklehugs* I'm sooooooo excited for you and i'm telling u this for what like the 60th time since u told me. I'm sure you'll do fine an awesome job, and definitely be yourself and make sure to have fun...no point in being a manager if ur bored beyond belief while there. =P

Tiger's First job!

Post#10 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:41 pm

Congratulations, Tiger!

Be polite to the customers!

Return to “The Green Dragon”