Elladan and Elrohir Unnoficial Fan Club

valedhelgwath

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So what's your interpretation of the twins going to be, Val?
I've been researching them in RotK to get ideas on how Tolkien perceived them. The only impression I got form there was, Very Quite.

They obviously possess the wisdom of having lived in Rivendell for so long, and from their actions, they are fearless. Their hatred of Orcs is bordering on the obsessive. I've introduced them for now, ready for their main role.

Hopefully I'm not building this story up too much by giving hints here. I normally get on and write whatever I'm doing and then let people see it. It's going to be slightly longer than my other stories but the plot is a bit more convoluted. Now I've got all the elements sorted out, it's just a case of getting it all down on paper.

Please don't expect some sort of Twins Hero Worship story, though. They are only co-stars in this one.

Naira

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'd like to know what they talk to each other when they are traveling... like what do they really think of Aragorn? "Oh I know he will be the king someday and he is so noble and brave and kind but does he has to look so scruffy? What does our sister see in him anyway? (Other than the future king, noble, brave and kind bit)"
And what do they think about Legolas? "No,no,no, my hair is shinier than yours!" :P:

Okay, kidding. Anyways, I think they're not getting screen time in TTT because Arwen has stolen all of it! Just like she did to Glorfindel! I hope Eowyn won't do the same to Eomer, or else I'd be really mad! :mad:
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me"

Allyssa

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I always thought the twins must have been fairly reserved. Self-consious even, if an Elven loremaster and warrior could be self-consious.

My theory on this is that it is a half-elf thing. Notice they both have elf+man father-names? Did the poor things look half-elven even from birth? Could be enough to give even an elf-child a complex...

Also, they may be shy around humans. Humans would probably find them quite fascinating and being surrounded by curious humans must get tiresome, so they dont encourage chit-chat with mortals.

Or maybe shyness is just part of their nature?

Oh well, could make for some interesting Fan fic some day...;)
"May the Angels Guide"

TomBombadillo

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Cool! Looking forward to a new story. Like Grondy said, you haven't let me down yet Val! :read:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Allyssa

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

MelliotSandybanks Posted:

I second Allyssa as president.
Mellie (nominates herself as secretary, again any seconds on that?)

Rednell Posted:
Well, since, I am an Gemini, then I should also consider running for office. I choose Treasurer which should be easy since we have no source of income.

MelliotSandybanks Posted:
So, lets see, as my first function as secretary, I guess I suppose to record the minutes, but since we are not really having any meetings, the next thing would be at least do the member list:

Member List:

President: Allyssa
Secretary: Mellie
Treasurer: Rednell

Anyone else wanna join?
hehehee this is kinda fun.

"May the Angels Guide"

MelliotSandybanks

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well Ladies, it looks like we are the only 3 members. bummmer.
What shall we do now?

Gilvala

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'll join! I can be the official hanger-arounder who appears and disappears whenever she wants to.... :P: And maybe the comments person. Or maybe the "I love Elladan and Elrohir" person ;) :funnylaugh:

Allyssa

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

How delighted I am to see you Gilvala. Just when I was going to delete this thread...now we can get on with some serious drooling ;)

Who thinks we will see Elladan and Elrohir in TTT?
"May the Angels Guide"

ProgHead777

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Phew, I almost joined for the heck of it but now that I know this is a drool thread, I'll stay away.

Hopefully, we shall see the twins in TTT ... but I'm not holding my breath.
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

MelliotSandybanks

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Prog we will let you be an Honorary Member. Every drool thread needs its groupy. lol
Welcome to the club Gilvala. I would love to see them in the movie, but I am not holding my breath.

Return to “The Green Dragon”