General News/Discussion

Snape

General News/Discussion

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The Guide Project has all gone very quiet! Ungoliant, Rincewind?

Is there anyone still working alongisde me?

Rincewind

General News/Discussion

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

well, of course. but since I have to write an exam toworrow I wasn't that active recently. But I'll keep bothering. I will have more time in the next weeks.
Keep it up, Taz. It's a good thing.

Snape

General News/Discussion

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I am going to be writing a new proposal for the 'Guide Project' later tonight, it will include project plans as well as design specifications so we can finally make a proper start on this thing!

TomBombadillo

General News/Discussion

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Taz, I don't know if you got that mail I sent you, but I have made a list of all the characters appearing in LOTR. Don't know if you could use it? :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

grondmaster

General News/Discussion

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Come on gang, how about adding a little more to the Guide? It is a good idea that needs a little fleshing out.
'Share and enjoy'

MelliotSandybanks

General News/Discussion

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I was looking through the guide, and noticed that when you go to it, there are 114 entries. Imrahil is listed 3 times. All three entries are identical. I also noticed that in the STATS bar it says No. Guide Entries = 119. What is the descrepiency(SP)? Has someone entered something that has not been posted yet?

I printed out the guide and counted them with Imrahil listed 3 times the total is 114. If someone has entered something not posted yet, can you let me know what they are, so I won't do the same ones, please?

Thanks,
Mellie

MelliotSandybanks

General News/Discussion

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ok, I am not sure where to put this one, so just to make sure that it gets seen, I am going to place it twice. Once here and once in the Stage 1: Locations area. After you read this answer one and delete the other please.

After my father passed away, I got really into geneology. I have a great family tree maker. I think it would be great to have extensive family trees of ME. Not sure about in the Guide, but could I go ahead and post some and let you guys see, and then decide what to do with them. I already have a whole bunch written out on paper just to keep track of who is who, while reading the Silm. It would not take much to type them into my program.

I did it with my Anne Rice The Witching Hour Trilogy and it turned out great. Just let me know.
nn[Edited on 9/9/2002 by MelliotSandybanks]

valedhelgwath

General News/Discussion

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That sounds great Mellie.
I tried writing one myself a while back but gave up because I couldn't fit all the names on one line (when I did it before on paper, I was able to squash my writing up etc). If you were to post a copy to a few of the council members, I'm sure one of us could find somewhere to put it.
As for Imrahil, I posted something about him recently into the guide. I seemed to be having problems verifying him at the time, but obviously this wasn't the case. I'll get on to burying a couple of his twins.
Thanks for the help.

MelliotSandybanks

General News/Discussion

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ok, I will get right on it.

TomBombadillo

General News/Discussion

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Great idea, yeah. I'm still working on that list of characters, planning to work on it again today.
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “The 'Guide' Project”