Elvish/Hobbit Name Generator

Post#1 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:33 am

Good website! :)
My hobbit name is Ruby Boffin of Whitfurrows and my Elvish name is Nessa Mithrandír...
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

Post#2 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:23 pm

I don't know why I haven't done this before. My Elvish name is Camthalion Táralóm, while my hobbit name is Ponto Gamwich of the Bree Gamwiches.

'Share and enjoy'

Post#3 » Tue May 11, 2004 7:29 pm

I am cirdan and a brandybuck!!

Gildor Inglorion

Post#4 » Wed May 12, 2004 3:39 am

My Elven name is Angrod Telemnar

But when l fill that name in the generator it is

Beren Sáralondë

Hmmmm....... odd

Post#5 » Wed May 12, 2004 3:48 am

I am Earane Celebrindal with funny quiggles over the 'a's and 'e' in Earane but I don't know how to do those on my keyboard. Shame, because it looks lovely with the quiggles.

Polly Bumbleroot of Fair Downs has a more down to earth ring to it.

vindea ristare

Post#6 » Mon May 31, 2004 10:39 am

well, my Elvish name is Inwë Sáralondë and my Hobbit name is Esmerelda Burrows
i like those names :P
hey people!! I'm Kaitlyn, well, that's my name at least, call me Kakie or Vindea, whichever suits your fancy. I'll be seeing you guys around, then!
May your swords stay sharp!

Post#7 » Mon May 31, 2004 10:52 am

You mean Eäranë? For ä, put Num Lock on, hold Alt, and punch in 132 on the number pad on the right of the keyboard, then release Alt. Do the same for ë, but with 137 instead.

When I do that with my full name, I get Angrod Súrion. My nickname and my last name gives me Aranel Súrion, and my pen name gives me Aerandir Telrúnya. Angrod is the name of Galadriel's elder brother and is Sindarin for Iron-metal, and Súrion is Quenya for Son of the Wind. Aranel is Sindarin for Princess, but also Quenya for noble star. Curiously, it appears as a title of Dior, Beren and Lúthien's son. I think I'll scrap that one. Aerandir was a mariner that accompanied Eärendil, and his name is Sindarin for Sea-wanderer. Telrúnya might have a Quenya meaning as perhaps Last Red Flame, or Roof (of) Red Flame. I believe it was inspired by talrunya, which means the sole of the foot.

Most of these names aren't really original, so I'll just stick with [u]Tyrhael Idhraen [/u](Powers (of) Wisdom / Wandering Heart), or some derivative, for my Sindarin name, of which the surname will probably change several times anyway.

Post#8 » Mon May 31, 2004 1:09 pm

Mine are......Robert- elf-Eol Ringeril
hobbit-Grigory Sackville-Baggins
I dondt really like the Eol or the Sackville part. Bad memories ....hehehe

Post#9 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:44 pm

Nice names!

Post#10 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:50 pm

Thanks too, Rednell for the link. It was a fun site to visit.

My elven name is Ea mane Miriel, and my hobbit name is Bramblerose Toadfoot of Frogmorton (not exactly red carpet material!). Couldn't get the squiggles right on the elven name though.

Return to “Advertisements”